29 August 2026

Saturday Sampler: Last of Summer Edition

 











Summer has ended on a sad note. Mr. Wonderful had a birthday and we had some lovely celebrations but a few days later he lost his mother. He's just gotten home from Texas and we are tired and drained but also feeling very blessed by all the love and care from our church family. It's a quiet, rainy Saturday. The house is clean, the laundry done, the fridge stocked. I wanted to make sure when he got home, everything could stop and be quiet, so he could rest. 

June and July had been taken up mostly with my big sewing room clean out project, but that skidded to a halt in early August. We lost a member of our church family and there was busyness with that, and then we had our own loss. So, I'm behind with some things I had wanted to have finished by the end of summer. But that's life. Someone once said, "Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans."

I'm looking forward to fall, though cooler weather is a while off yet. Looking forward to getting back into my sewing room and finishing that up. Looking forward to settling back into my stitching. Just looking forward to normal after a month of loss and everything that goes with it.

I hope the last few days of summer are finding you well, and that you're feeling that little spark of anticipation of all the lovely things fall brings, even if you have to fake fall like I do!

24 comments:

  1. My condolences to your family😞 She must have been quite the woman and mother to raise the future Mr Wonderful. Busyness can be a good thing in times like this. Where I live I have to fake fall too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie. I agree, sometimes the busyness is what keeps you going. Hope y'all get a break from the heat soon.

      Delete
  2. that's just sad, innit? losing my mom still !makes me sad, even fourteen years later, and filled with coulda shoulda wouldas ... take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your losses, my condolences.
    I hope you can get back to a "normal" soon.
    Great pics, I see a kitty ear in that 2nd pic! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn. That's a Butterfly ear! 😁

      Delete
  4. Oh Honeybee, I am so sorry for the loss of Mr. Wonderful's mother and that of your church member. Thinking of you all during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honeybee, condolences to you and Mr. Wonderful on the loss of his mom. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Honeybee, I'm so sorry for your loss, extra love and special hugs for Mr Wonderful, we lost one of our dearest friends in July, so very sad, it's hard when we lose those who have been a rich blessing to us. Take care of each other, Elaine in UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine. Sending gentle hugs for your loss as well. I'm so sorry.

      Delete
  7. So sorry Honeybee , a loss in the family is always so upsetting .
    I have felt it so many times . with my parents , my beautiful youngest daughter.
    Many of my friends . It's so hard .
    God bless you all. Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life goes on after the loss of those special people in our lives, but it's very different, isn't it? I'm so sorry for your losses, Honeybee. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Mr. Wonderful's mother, as well as a member of your church family. It is incredibly difficult to lose a parent. I enjoyed seeing your late summer photos. I am lucky to live in a place where we do have beautiful fall weather, so I'm looking forward to that. Wishing you and your husband comfort and peace.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother in law. Take the time to sit back and reset as a family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Honeybee: I am so sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law, its so hard losing a family member, also so sorry for the loss of your friend.
    I see a little paw sticking through the afghan, so cute.
    Lovely outdoor photos, yes life does get in the way of some plans.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine.
      That's Butterfly's ear! 😊

      Delete