25 August 2016

Happy 100th Birthday, National Park Service!

Mr. Wonderful and I are huge fans of National Parks. If you gave me a choice of a week in London or Paris or in any one of our National Parks, the National Parks would win hands down, every time. 

The last one we visited was Acadia in Maine, three years ago. I'd go back in a heartbeat.



I was absolutely thrilled to see that Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery is doing a National Parks sampler to commemorate the centennial. They even have an adorable little matching needle minder (it's made of wood).

We're in the planning stages of a trip to Zion National Park in Utah this fall. Cannot wait.

Happy 100th to "America's Best Idea"!

5 comments:

  1. What a cool post to read, Honeybee! Acadia looks like a beautiful place to visit and I really like the quote by Wallace Stegner you shared. Now for the oddball question. What kind of hiking boots are you wearing? Have an enjoyable and stitch-filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L.L. Bean. I need a new pair before we head to Zion this fall. These have a ton of miles on them and they're ready to be retired. :O)

      Delete
  2. Oh what a cute, cute sampler that is going to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty Acadia is. Zion is on my list of places to visit. An all day drive is all it would take for me! A sampler commemorating the National Parks, that might be something I would be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the rest of the sampler revealed! Love all the NP pics!♡

    ReplyDelete