02 August 2018

Fabric Hoard Update (also, cookies)

Confession: I saw this fabric and told Mr. Wonderful, "If I don't get this fabric I will die."

Happily, I'm not dead.

Feast your eyes on this star-spangled, silver-flecked loveliness.


As you can see on the selvage, Fabric Flair calls this Dreamscape Sky Blue. If you visit their website, you'll see they have several variations on this theme, with different names. I've also seen different names used by retailers for this particular fabric. I found mine at Stitches 'n Things, and there it's called Moonless Witch's Sky. It's 28 ct. evenweave. No idea what I'll stitch on it, but now I have it and I won't die. Yay!

Made a couple of new needle minders. This is a tiny one for my smallest projects, made from a little bead from Michael's.

This little guy is from a button pack from Hobby Lobby (I think it's a fairy tale pack). I'm not really into dragons, but he just stole my heart... so small and adorable and green! I added a little glitter to his wings because, well, wings should probably sparkle.

Found this addition for my fox Christmas tree at Hobby Lobby. 

And finally, some low-carb peanut butter chip cookies. I made these using this recipe but substituted peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips, and you know what? We like them better! So good with a glass of cold milk.

The living room re-do is coming along nicely and I'm just about finished with it. That will be a major project out of the way. I've been cleaning out and have a big pile of stuff ready to donate to the thrift shop. Next on my target list is my sewing room. It always gets put last on the list, but it really needs a good clean out before we move (fingers crossed). I plan to spend August working on that project. Once it's done, I'll have the house in good shape in case we get orders in the spring, and I can relax and enjoy the fall and the holidays, without any major projects hanging over me. More time to stitch and bake!

Have a great weekend, and Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore that fabric! I can picture an angel or a fairly looking adorably stitched on it. The new needle minders are also a great addition. It looks like you've added a nice little lot of stash there. Happy stitching! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new piece of fabric is stunning. I'm glad you picked it up for yourself. Always enjoy seeing your needle minder creations! The fox ornament is adorable. Hmmm, the cookies look mighty tasty. Glad you are getting your projects marked off your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is gorgeous!!
    Love that little Dragon guy, so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you needed that fabric! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete