21 September 2018

Consider her ways, and be wise...

I have a little finish to show and a freebie to share! Back in the summer, while I was searching for something else, I stumbled across this adorable little stitching ant freebie. 

Ants always remind me of these verses from Proverbs:

Go to the ant, thou sluggard;
consider her ways, and be wise:
Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
Provideth her meat in the summer,
and gathereth her food in the harvest.
~Proverbs 6.6-8

I spend my summers scurrying around trying to get as much done as possible--in ant-like fashion--so I decided to add the phrase, "Go to the ant, consider her ways and be wise" to the border of this design. I stitched this on a scrap of what I think is PTP Sand, using Caron Wildflowers Black Forest and Cardinal. 

Speaking of being busy, I'm still working on my big sewing room rearrange. My work time has been pretty hit or miss because Mr. Wonderful has been on leave, and y'all know, it's hard to get stuff done in the house with a hubster under foot. The major part of the project is done, and I'm now down to those odds and ends that seem like small tasks, but that always end up taking nearly as much time as the big stuff. We had to cancel our trip to North Carolina because of Hurricane Florence, but we've rescheduled it for November, the tail end of hurricane season... and before blizzard season.

My head is swimming with thinking of all the stitching, finishing, and framing I want to do when I get the sewing room done. My goal is to have it done by the beginning of October. Wish me luck and stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I love this rendition of the chart. As always, thank you for providing the link. I am sorry your trip was canceled, but glad you were able to reschedule it. I hope you will give us a tour of your updated sewing room. Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ant looks good.
    Glad you canceled your trip, it's a horrible disaster.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding patterns to use on those little scraps of leftover fabric. Very cool adding in the verse! I'm a sluggard this morning!

    ReplyDelete