22 October 2018

Clover and Lace is finished!





Middle of autumn and I finally finished my summer project! This is Clover and Lace by Misty Hill Studio stitched on 28 ct. PTP Oaken. I stayed really close to the original colors, only making slight adjustments to compliment the color of the fabric I was using and to use thread I already had on hand. Here are the original colors and-->my changes:

GAST Grasshopper-->GAST Sage***
GAST Roasted Marshmallow
GAST Endive-->CC Weeping Willow***
GAST Highland Heather-->GAST Punchberry
DMC 611
DMC 3865-->GAST Oatmeal
GAST Rose Garden-->CC Wild Berries

***The original is stitched on 40 ct. linen over two. If you use a larger count like I did, you'll want two skeins of the greens (Grasshopper and Endive), just to be on the safe side. 

I really enjoyed stitching this piece. I loved the colors and the cheerful verse (and the tiny bunnies!) and it will be just perfect hanging in my sewing room when I eventually get it framed. Thanks, Holly!

I hope--hope--to have a quiet week in the sewing room, finishing and framing, so pop in occasionally to see what I come up with. Have a great week, y'all.

10 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful piece, and I love that fabric as well! That sounds lovely to be working on finishing projects in your newly organized sewing room! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I emailed Misty Hill Studio and bought a chart based on your WIP photos! Thank you so much for bringing the design and designer to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!
    Congrats on your finish.
    I love Queen Anne's Lace.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so pretty, you must be thrilled with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Honeybee, what a gorgeous finish you have created! And thank you for sharing your changes. Have fun in the sewing room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this piece so much. Beautiful colors, and I'm one who puts Queen Anne's Lace in my gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Honeybee! You are very talented when it comes to choosing colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly lovely - I've enjoyed following your stitching progress.

    ReplyDelete