21 December 2018

A Christmas Tea: Tea-Themed Christmas Tree

Welcome to the last day of my annual Christmas Open House! All week I've been sharing tea-themed Christmas ornaments, both stitched and crafted. And today I'm sharing--you knew it was coming!--a tea-themed Christmas tree to display them all! I hope you've got a big cup of tea ready, because I've got lots of pictures to share!
  
Of course, a Christmas tree needs something beautiful at the tippy top. I stitched up Brooke Nolan's Spirit of Holiday Baking Angel (with some modifications) for the top of my tree. 

I gave her brown eyes and changed her hair color from red to golden brown (DMC 433, 435, 436).

I charted up a simple teacup to match the teapot on her tray, and used the same color scheme.

I omitted all of the baking-related items, and the pocket on her apron, but used the pretty motif from the pocket to decorate the apron (red Petite Treasure Braid).

For her wings, I tried something new. Instead of using regular card stock to back the wings, I used heavy glitter paper, with the glitter facing the front of the design. To attach the paper to the wings, I used a thin line of glue around the edge of the wings (on the back of the stitched/beaded border) and in the center of her back to avoid any glue obscuring the glitter. It turned out really well. It's difficult to capture in a picture, but her wings have a lovely subtle sparkle. Perhaps you can see it a bit on the lower part of the wing.

And here's my tea-themed Christmas tree!
















Sources for the ornaments I stitched and crafted are in this week's posts.

Links to additional sources:

chocolate Christmas tree

lemon slices

small polymer clay candy canes

glittery snowflake background fabric: Jo Ann Fabrics

*****
And that's another year's Christmas Open House done and dusted! I hope you've enjoyed the week here, and I thank you all so much for visiting and leaving such kind comments. Let's plan to meet up again this time next year because I've already chosen my theme for my 6th annual Christmas Open House! How's that for getting a jump on Christmas?

Merry Christmas, y'all!

26 comments:

  1. Great tree! A Very Merry Christmas to you, your husband, and Tiger Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Honeybee, your tea tree is fun and beautiful. As always, thank you for sharing the links to help us out. I totally enjoyed this year's open house. Wishing you, Mr. Wonderful, and Miss Tiger Lily a peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great tea stiches but that Angel makes my heart sing!! Love it! Have a wonderful Christmas. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week has been so enjoyable with your tea themed open house. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tea tree is a delight and the tea Angel delightful.
    Thank you for sharing. A blessed Christmastide to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I love every decoration! I will try my hand at some of these bofore 2019 ends. Thank you for sharing your talents and ideas!

    Merry Christmas! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your tea-themed tree! And the angel at the top is so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing all of your beautiful ideas; I've enjoyed each day of your Open House this week! Wishing you, your husband, and Tiger Lily a joyous and peaceful Christmas! (And a fun "Stitchy Planning Week!")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and Merry Christmas! (And this year's Stitchy Planning Week will be a little different--news coming soon!)

      Delete
  8. Perfection!!! This is my very favorite tree of yours. I absolutely love it. You thought of every detail and everything turned out so well. The tea angel on the top is unbelievably beautiful. My Mom was such a big tea drinker and oh what I would give if I could have made her something this lovely. I'm a big fan of theme trees and this is one of the very best. Thank you for sharing it Honeybee. May you have a blessed and happy Christmas with Mr. Wonderful. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Tea Tree is awesome!
    The Angel is beautiful, and gotta love those lemon slices!
    Great jump-start on next year.
    Give Tiger Lily a scritch on the neck for me.
    She's so beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to say.....................Merry Christmas!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love following your Open House each year. I am just about to get my first cup of tea for the day. What a beautiful little tree with absolutely pretty ornaments. I can see the glitter in your angel's wings. She is so pretty. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love following your Open House each year. I am just about to get my first cup of tea for the day. What a beautiful little tree with absolutely pretty ornaments. I can see the glitter in your angel's wings. She is so pretty. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have absolutely loved everything you've created - such a feast for the eyes & soul - thank you so much for sharing your beautiful stitching and creativity with us :-)

    ReplyDelete