23 October 2019

Christmas Ornament SAL October Finish

Here's my October choice for the Christmas Ornament SAL. This is from the 2003 issue of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments.

It's stitched on 30 ct. English Ivy from R&R Reproductions, with GAST Antique Rose and Oatmeal, and CC Weeping Willow. The beads are Mill Hill  #2012.

I'm two (!) ornaments away from finishing this year-long SAL and having a set of twelve ornaments for my sewing room tree!

I'm spending all my spare time working on Christmas Open House lovelies. I wanted to do more fall/Halloween stitching, but with the big move this spring and everything that's happened since, the time is just too short. I suppose I could skip my Open House this year, but it's become a tradition for me and I would miss it. So I'm working on it as much as I can, with quick little breaks for whipping up an ornament here and there. November at my house is going to be... interesting. It's going to look like the North Pole three days before Christmas!

12 comments:

  1. Another pretty ornament for your tree! It's so lovely you'll have a set of 12 new ornaments to enjoy. I'm glad you're able to have your usual Christmas Open House-I always enjoy them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty.
    I enjoy your Open House posts.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely ornament you have stitched for your sewing room tree, Honeybee. Look forward to seeing your tree all decked out! Also looking forward to your Christmas Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Can't wait to see your open house for Christmas - so very happy you are continuing this tradition!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honeybee, do you have an Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook account or do you just use Blogger? Love your posts! Kd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I'm only here! I'm a very low-profile kinda person! ;O)

      Delete
  6. That's fine...I'll just enjoy your great creations right here! Kd

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Now I want to make this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece! Good luck on your last two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to your Open House post. This is a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete