19 February 2020

Winter in the Sewing Room

Hello, y'all! It's been quiet here on the ol' blog but I've been busy-busy stitching and stalking the Nashville Market previews for new must-have stash. I usually don't post pics of stash until I have it in my mitts but I am so. excited. about this gorgeous new sampler. I'm not a big sampler gal, but this one stole my heart. This is Huckleberry Farm by Blue Flower. I am a huge fan of huckleberries, and this sampler takes me back to where I first experienced them, in Sequoia National Park in California (bears and all!). Huckleberry tea is my absolute favorite. I just love this sampler. The colors, the composition, all the critters (see the chipmunks and hummingbirds?).  Lovely.

I was so wild about it that I already ordered and received my fabric! This is the suggested fabric, PTP Shale. I think I did a pretty good job of capturing the color (it helps to give the camera a little white to look at). It's a very unusual, very pretty purplish grey. 

I've been putting in a few hours of work a week on Russian Hunt. I'm also working on this. Hmmm... what could this be? Stay tuned for updates on both of these projects.

I'm getting lots of support from the Stitchy Supervisor. I don't know how she snoozes with my stitching light in her face, but she does.

Winter dollhouse is up. You can check out my other seasonal dollhouses by clicking on the label at the end of this post.






I am having a fit to get some finishing done. I have a stack, y'all. A stack. I'm trying to get to a certain point on that mysterious piece I showed above, and when I do, I plan to take a break from stitching and plunge into the finishing pile. Hope to have a lot of new lovelies to share over the next few weeks.

I guess most stitchers have their favorite sites for Market previews, but in case you don't, here are a few good ones. These usually start posting in mid-January, and gradually fill up as designers release preview photos. You'll see a lot of overlap, but there are a few things that might be shown on one site that aren't on others. They're updated regularly, so keep checking back to see if there's anything you can't live without. Market is 6-8 March.

Stitches 'n Things

Reflections Framing & Stitching

The Black Cat Stitchery

Enjoy window shopping and Happy Stitching!


8 comments:

  1. The winter version of the seasonal dollhouse looks fabulous, Honeybee. I am going to have to go check out that sampler. There are some wonderful offerings being shown already for this year's Market. Your Stitch supervisor looks well rested. I look forward to seeing more of your mystery stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you like the upcoming sampler. When I stitched I used to love watching out for all the new releases. Tiger Lily really is a very pretty cat - she has such a lovely coat with beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sampler, I can see why you are besotted with it :) Love your winter house - too darling!! And I think we all need a stitching supervisor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Sampler also caught my eye.
    Love all the animals,etc.
    And that Sloth!!
    Tiger Lilt probably likes the warmth from your light.
    Cute Winter Dollhouse.
    Have fun Choosing your market choices!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you have to have that sampler, it's lovely.
    The Winter Dollhouse looks great. I like the fox design in the diamond shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the display of all your winter stitches! That is a lovely sampler you've chosen; there are so many pretty new designs coming out this year. So nice to have your Stitchy supervisor snoozing alongside you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winter dollhouse is astounding. Each collection is a meticulous effort, and it is artistic. The samplers displayed in the dollhouse are gorgeous. The Russian sampler you are working on is engaging. I hope to see the finished work soon. Great stitching Honeybee and loads of love to stitcher! I loved the way the sleeping pose she gives in every pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've really put a lot of effort for that sampler. So much detailing! It is truly magnificent! My aunt made a sampler for her student. She added a plethora of musical instruments and she made it really colourful. It was one of her masterpieces. I have no patience to do such work.

    ReplyDelete