19 June 2020

Finishing Hat Trick: Inexpensive, Easy, Adorable


Isn't it fun when you find the perfect fabric for a design? Or the perfect frame for a finish? Or the perfect trim for an ornament? It's even better when you don't even know what you're looking for, and then your eye falls upon it, and your stitching brain hollers, "That's it! That's what I was looking for!" 

So in my last post, where I showed this finish, I mentioned I hadn't yet put a backing on it because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. I wanted to do... something. I was out running errands the other day and happened to be in Michael's and spotted this little chalkboard tag. I recognized the shape of the top of the tag as pretty much the identical shape I had just cut around on the top of my lantern ornament. And I thought, "There it is! There's my finish!" And for a whopping $1.99! I love it when that happens!

If you're wondering what a "Hat Trick" is, it's when a hockey player scores three goals in one game. Pretty hard to do. The fans celebrate by throwing their hats onto the ice. Not sure what I should be tossing for my finishing hat trick. Maybe skeins of floss?

This makes my heart happy! The best season is almost upon us! 

7 comments:

  1. Score on the finishing of the Halloween piece! I hope you picked up more than one of those chalkboard tag. It holds definite possibilities. I have seen pictures around the internet taken from the aisles of Michael's and Hobby Lobby showing signs of autumn! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fall floral pic is from Hobby Lobby. They're always first to put out fall and Christmas. I love it!

      Delete
  2. It's perfect!
    Yes, Hobby Lobby is all Fall, & next month they will be putting out Christmas!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea for your Halloween finish! I'm glad you are out of quarantine and doing well. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Halloween stitching.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Looks like I'll be headed to Michael's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, lovely stitching and I love how you finished it, what a spot of luck to find something that matched so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IS the best feeling ever. So glad you found the perfect finish! (By the way, I have missed reading your blog... looking forward to catching up.)

    ReplyDelete