20 July 2020

Summer of Halloween: Spooky Little Village


I pulled this little village from the much larger design Halloween Quaker from Lila's Studio. I just love the contrast of the bright window colors with the black and dark grey. It has a cheerfully spooky look! I used the recommended PTP Murky in 32 ct. linen, and the recommended threads, except for the CC Black Coffee. My skein of Black Coffee was almost entirely black and didn't provide enough contrast with the DMC black, so I used GAST Onyx instead.


There are a couple of other small motifs in this large design that I'd like to pull out and stitch. We'll see how many projects I can squeeze into my Summer of Halloween. Can you believe summer is half over? 

11 comments:


  1. Halloween stitch looks so real with the lights on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute & colorful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that the excessive heat warnings and ozone alerts are here... I would like Summer to be over today! lol! I'm longing for the cool nights of autumn! Very cute stitching! I have the Quaker Halloween pattern, but had not started it because I was looking for a different linen (don't like the suggested purple)....I'm thinking your use of Murky is a winner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little Halloween village snippet, Honeybee. Like you, I really like the brightly colored windows with the gray and black of the stitch. Well done! Since the heat and humidity have settled in full force, I am ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your stitch!
    Kisses
    Monique🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Halloween village is wonderful. I love the way it glows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great Halloween piece! I love how it looks like the lights are really glowing.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Summer of Hallowee'en idea. That row of houses is my favourite motif from that design too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn’t that just the best Halloween village ever? I stitched the entire piece, but the village is the best part of it and makes the whole thing pop. Check my blog soon for a post on it. ;-) The frame is on its way and I will have it framed and photographed soon!

    ReplyDelete