10 September 2020

Summer of Halloween Final Finish: Bat Pig!

 I said there'd be a pig, and here he is: Bat Pig!

I laughed out loud when I saw this design and in my book, that makes it a must-stitch. As you can see, I made a few changes. He's stitched on 28 ct. PTP Flash with most of the recommended threads. I used GAST Burnt Orange for the ground instead of green, to make it look a bit like fallen leaves, and the wiggly detail around the border is Weeks Jack-o-Lantern. And I added a wee bat button instead of stitching one. Very festive. And really, what Halloween display doesn't need a pig wearing a mask and bat wings? 

In other news, fall arrived rather dramatically on Tuesday. The temperature plunged into the 40's (from the 90's on Sunday!) and it rained and rained and rained. It was lovely! Tiger Lily took to her blanket donut, which marks the official start of fall.


I made one of my favorite soups. And we just savored the coziness of the first cold, rainy fall day. 




Thanks so much for all the well wishes following my food poisoning adventure. I'm fine now and stitching up a storm! It helps to get a lot of stitching done when the weather cooperates so nicely. There's nothing like a cold rain to get the needle flying. Except maybe a blizzard. But let's have fall first!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Honeybee, I laughed out loud seeing Bat Pig! It is definitely a giggle inducing stitch. I like your changes. Your soup looks so delicious. I want what Miss Tiger Lily has. Wonder if they make a blanket donut for humans! Your fall photo at the end of you post is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching what a fun stitch.
    Enjoy your cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you bat pig. I think just when we all have had enough of summer heat, fall is always a welcomed arrival. Miss Tiger Lily looks so comfy. I love a good soup too! Your fall decorations look festive and inviting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bat Pig is too cute!
    I also love homemade soups.
    Tiger Lily looks so warm & comfy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute fun stitch! Your changes look great, and I love the bat button, too. That sounds like an abrupt change in your weather, but it's great when you can enjoy a delicious soup and snuggle down with a blanket and stitch. Tiger Lily has the right idea! Enjoy your Fall weather!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the food poisoning episode is long gone--that really can be so scary! Your masked pig made me smile :) Love your changes in color as well along with the bat button. Wondering if you live in Colorado as my sister was just visiting out there and had the same exact temperature swing as you did--crazy! I am not ready for summer to end, but I do look forward to cuddling under a blanket and stitching the day away! Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but it was the same cold front. It was a doozy!

      Delete