28 November 2020

Saturday Sampler: Solace of Stitching Edition

Been thinking a lot lately about how thankful I am for the solace of stitching. So I thought I'd share what's been keeping me sane lately (besides prayer, of course!).

Whipped out this adorable little baker a few days before Thanksgiving. She's from The Blue Flower and is in the Nashville Market 2020 cookbook.


Over Thanksgiving I also worked on this sweet pilgrim girl by Brooke Nolan. She's available as Annie the Autumn Witch but I left off her hat and broom and just stitched her as a pilgrim. 

A couple of new Russian kits, which are a weakness of mine and always make me happy! This luscious pink and green confection is perfect for my sewing room.

And this lovely winter design. I may start this after Christmas. Hopefully we'll be having something that looks like winter by then. It's been quite warm and dry.


These are the two Etsy shops I rely on for Russian kits:



Both of these shops carry a lot of the same kits. The first one has sales more frequently, and you'll notice differences in the price and shipping costs. Typically, one has higher product prices but lower shipping, and the other is the opposite. It's just a matter of where they place their cost. Both have been very reliable and shipping usually takes 3-4 weeks, although during the spring and the first wave of the pandemic, one of my orders took 10 weeks. My last order from both took about 3 weeks. Shipping costs may seem high, but I remind myself that my goodies are traveling over 5,000 miles! 

And I'm giving y'all fair warning... if you're a bit bored with the sameness of the designs you're seeing on this side of the world, wait til you fall down the rabbit hole of Russian kits. They're gorgeous and irresistible. 

And finally there's this! This is what really brightened my day last week! Remember the pretty little Autumn Quaker I showed a while back, and I was wishing for the other seasons? Well, I got my wish! Winter is Coming Mini Quaker has just been released and it is gorgeous! You should really visit the link to see it as my snap of the printed photo doesn't do it justice. The very day it came out I ordered my threads!

And here they are. Aren't they lovely for a wintry design? 


I have the urge to start this one immediately but I do have some Christmas stitching I'd like to do first, so it will have to wait a bit. But honestly, I'm not sure if I can hold out!

Thank you for all of your kind wishes about my dad. He had to be re-hospitalized last Tuesday, but should be returning to the rehab center in a couple of days. The last month has been a rollercoaster and I'm so grateful whenever I can just settle down with my stitching and get lost in it.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, hope you and yours are healthy, and I hope you're getting to snuggle down with your stitching, too.

20 comments:

  1. I love those Russian kits! Where do you get them from? I need to do some Christmas stitching but I always seem to be too busy with work, anyway maybe I should start them on January then they might get finished by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just updated the post with links and info on the Russian kits. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I love that baker Squirrel, so darn cute!
    Those are some beautiful kits you got, & the Quaker is so pretty.
    Your changes on the Witch are awesome.
    Continued prayers for your Dad.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Pilgrim Girl is darling and the baking squirrel is adorable, Honeybee. The Russian kits are lovely. I am glad there is a Winter Quaker offering from the gal who did the Autumn one. What lovely thread colors! Your Dad continues to be in my prayers. Take care and now you are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry to hear about your father - will be keeping all of you in my prayers. I just love your stitching, you always choose such wonderful projects!! It's a nice 33* this morning but supposed to get to 48* this afternoon so I will enjoy it as such :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pilgrim Girl is so cute! Winter is Coming Mini Quaker caught my attention too! Just waiting until I finish my current project before I even think about another. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that squirrel. I have it as a needle minder!

    Your stitching, as always, is beautiful.

    Sending good thoughts for your father on his road to recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that squirrel?! I went over to that Etsy site and that Quaker is gorgeous! And only $3.90 right now. Thanks HB, I'm buying it! Haha. I am thankful for our stitching too. Keeping your father in my thoughts for a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelly! How awesome is it to get a gorgeous design for less than four bucks?!

      Delete
  8. What an adorable baking squirrel! The Russian kits are beautiful. I love the Winter is Coming Mini Quaker design, I think I'm going to purchase that as well. The floss colors are so pretty! I'm sorry to hear your Dad is still having problems; I hope that the rest of his recovery will go smoothly. I'll be continuing to pray for him and your family. I agree with you that stitching is a real solace during stressful times (I remember spending a lot of time stitching when my mother was hospitalized years ago and it helped me relax). I'm glad you've been able to find comfort in your stitching. Take care.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects and stitching are so beautiful. I love how you make changes to the original designs that make them so much better. What is the fabric you used for the squirrel? I don't think I've seen anything like that before.
    Thanks,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is quite an old piece of 28 ct. Oatmeal evenweave by MCG Textiles that I got from Hobby Lobby years ago. This fabric used to be sold in the big chain craft stores but I don't think it is anymore and I'm not even sure that company still makes fabric. I heard at some point that the quality of their fabric had become poor but all the pieces I have are old, but good quality, and were made in the USA. Perhaps that changed at some point.

      I think there are some other manufacturers that make "oatmeal" fabric that has the little flecks in it, but I'm not sure which ones. I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

      Delete
  10. The little squirrel is the cutest! He just makes me smile as he proudly looks over his freshly baked pie!

    I do hope and pray your dad gets stronger every day in the rehab facility. My MIL was in one for almost a month and it really helped her. She is 92 and really starting to fail. Sending a hug your way--it must be very worrisome ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Russian kits are gorgeous! I really like the one with the roses and pinecones and candy canes!

    ReplyDelete