28 November 2022

Stitchy Stuff & Bonus Baby Pic

 

Hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving. Figured I had better post some stitching content to reassure everyone this hasn't become a cat blog! I haven't shopped much lately and have stitched even less, but I have managed to find a few new goodies. A little package in the mail is a nice bright spot when things are tough.

This very sweet stitching set is from Old Tin Roof. The vinyl-fronted pouch will hold a few small tools, and the felt-lined book holds needles and bits of thread. I couldn't resist the retro winter theme. Oh, how I'm going to miss winter! Of course, I had to go in search of a matching needle minder. Found the perfect one at Autumn Lane Stitchery. It's large enough to hold a small pair of scissors. How cute is this winter stitching stuff?

This wee bauble is just to pretty up one of my stitching cases where I keep my Christmas projects. I love the soft green color and the tiny light. It's from this Etsy shop.

If you are a regular reader, you know I love Zweigart's Basalt Splash fabric, particularly the grey, but the pink is also luscious. I don't have a design in mind for this, but I needed it just in case. Pretty sure it's widely available at most shops. This is 32 ct. linen.

I got this spooky needle case back in early fall, before everything went completely pear shaped at our house. I had hoped to stitch it for Halloween, but even this tiny project was beyond me. Something to look forward to for next year. 

And finally, this adorable Santa with his little fox helpers. This design is part of a series of Santas with animal friends and I've had my eye on it for a while because it is just so cute. At last, foxes! It's by an Italian designer called MyFanny. I think there are currently 14 designs in the series. I really would love to stitch it this year, but this is another one that will probably have to wait, because...

...these little hooligans have not learned stitching manners yet.

Look how big! The babies hit three pounds the day after turning three months old, so they are now on track for a normal weight for their age. This was a big milestone, not only because they caught up to where they should be, but also because they're now big enough to be spayed and after that we can finalize their adoption. They will be officially ours in time for Christmas (and yes, I have ordered their stockings)!

9 comments:

  1. Me encanta todo lo que ha cosido.
    y me he enamorado de esos dos gatitos que han tenido la maravillosa suerte de estar en su casa, donde estan siendo cuidado con tanto amor.
    He leido todas las entradas y he visto la muerte de su gata, y lo siento mucho, yo tengo perro, y solo de pensar que un día me faltara¡¡¡¡ me pongo mala

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! Congrats on adopting them. Live your Santa and the fix, the pouch and thread keeper are so cute love the scene! Darlene N

    ReplyDelete
  3. The babies are darling and glad to hear they are thriving under your care. Thank you for adopting them. What a wonderful assortment of goodies you shared, Honeybee! As always, thank you for sharing the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those babies are sooo adorable! Congratulations on the adoption! The winter and snow of your stitchy book are just what I am seeing today out my front window as we get our first snow of the winter. Happy stitching! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Honeybee: Oh my, those adorable faces are so sweet, they are beautiful.
    Love all your stitching, I looked up the Etsy shop, thank-you for the link.
    The bags are adorable, lobe the new scissor fob.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stitching set and needleminder. The two projects that you have to make are really great. I love Santa and the foxes. Your kitties are just so adorable and your stocking comment made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little ones, so happy to hear they are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are going to adopt. Too many are trying to dump right now. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to see your adorable kittens doing so well. It's so fun that you have stockings for them too ( I always enjoy getting treats for my dog's stocking too!) I love seeing some of your new stitching things, and thank you for the links. Hope December is going well!
    Mary ( Bluebird)

    ReplyDelete