13 September 2023

Down & Out

 

Or more accurately, out and down, as in: my back went out and I'm down for the count. I'm starting to improve, but I've been flat on my back for a bit, so haven't even been able to use this "time off" to stitch. So, so frustrating. 

The girls are having their first experience with nurse maiding. Tiger Lily was a champion nurse maid. I rarely get sick, maybe once every four years or so, but when I did, she stuck to me like glue. These two have been a bit confused by the strangeness of me being in bed a lot, but they're being good and learning their nursing duties. 

But we need more work on... allowing mom to breathe her own air. We don't need our noses to be half an inch apart.

And also not stealing the heating pad when mom gets up.


Overall grade: B+

Not bad for a first effort, at only a year old. Hopefully, things will be mostly back to normal by the weekend. 

13 comments:

  1. Awwwwww. Hope you are up and about soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I DO hope you feel better soon.
    Nothing worse than back pain.
    Animals do know when we aren't feeling well.
    The kitties did a great job for their first nurse lesson.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Honeybee, I am sorry your back went out. The babies are adorable and I bet they were confused why you were up and about. Hopefully, your back will be better soon. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sara, I am very sorry. I know only too well about a bad back. I hope and am praying you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry to hear about your back- I know that is quite miserable! It sounds like your beautiful kitties will learn how to be great nurse maids (though hopefully won't get too many opportunities to practice!) I really hope your back continues to improve and you're feeling much better soon! Take care.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are starting to feel better - you have the sweetest nurses looking after you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honeybee - Wishing you a speedy recovery. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are such dear nurses!! And so cute too. I hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer! I hope you're feeling better these 16 days later. My cats did the same with me when I'm sick or hurting somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do Hope you are recovering well and your two nurse maidens have excelled to a higher grading. healing hugs coming your way.

    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel better soon. And that the young ladies will do better with their nursemaid duties. They do have being adorable down pat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I hope your back starts feeling better soon. I totally understand your pain. I usually can't lay down though. I am better in a sitting position. Your nursemaid kitties will learn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honeybee: Your babies know when you are not feeling well, I hope you are back on your feet soon.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete