31 January 2024

Stitching & Stash, Part 2

Let's go shopping!

First, fabric! Hand dyed fabric doesn't go on sale very often, but over the holidays I did hit a couple of sales and decided to get some small cuts of colors I wouldn't usually buy, just to have on hand in case of emergencies. I like to be prepared.


From left to right: PTP Monet (28 ct. linen), PTP Flapper (28 ct. linen), Fiber on a Whim Cobalt (32 ct. Lugana), PTP Jay (28 ct. linen), and PTP Lupine (32 ct. linen).

I love everything stitchy, but I have a particular weakness for bags or cases to hold my stuff. Probably because I'm an organization nut. If someone wanted to lure me away, all they'd have to do is wave a really neat stitching bag at me. I found this one on Amazon and I really like it. It's small, but will hold quite a bit. The brand is Luxja, if you go hunting for it.


Top zipper compartment:


Bottom zipper compartment. That's a 6"x 8" q-snap.

I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and picked up a little embroidery kit on a whim. I haven't done embroidery since I was little but this sweet fox caught my eye. Just a few stitches here and there on printed cloth, exactly like the kind I learned on as a kid. Also had to bring home a fat quarter of adorable Highland Cow material. 


Did y'all know you can spend $30 on a pair of tweezers, if you're so inclined? For me, tweezers are an essential stitching tool for de-fuzzing my stitching as I go. Tiger Lily's fuzz wasn't too bad because it was mostly light colored, but the werewolves' fuzz is black and there's twice as much of it! I need tweezers with every project! I started looking for a few more pairs and was annoyed by the prices. I mean, they're for cat fur, not brain surgery! Dollar Store to the rescue! Three for $1.25. And they're tiny (smaller than a toothpick) so they fit in any tool case and a needle minder will hold them.


Okay, best for last! I was nosing around on Etsy (as I do) and found some really cool floss organizers for projects. They come in different sizes but I decided to get a small one just to see how it was made and if I would like it. 

I do! Well made with sturdy vinyl, with a larger vinyl pocket on the other side.

I like this floss organizer because it's flat and will fit anywhere, taking up almost no space. This one holds 12 bobbins, and I think there are ones that will hold up to 45, with several sizes in between. I usually don't do really big projects with lots of DMC colors, so I think the 20-bobbin size will probably be the most useful to me and I'm already planning to get a few of those. They just had a good sale (25% off), so if you're thinking of trying these out you may want to keep your eyes open for another sale.

Happy Stitching (and shopping)!

7 comments:

  1. What fabulous stash items that came to live at your house, Honeybee! I'm with you on the bags. Good to know about the dollar store tweezers! I noticed that I need to use tweezers with some of the wood ornaments I have been stitching (mainly to pull the needle through the back threads when ending). Thanks for the link to the floss bobbin caddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your new buys , I must spend some money to. I like the thread holder allot and your new fabric , enjoy day hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stash! Enjoy it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabric, Honeybee! What a great idea the floss organizer is. I just ordered the 12 bobbin one. I can’t wait for it to arrive. You share with us the neatest craft items. Thank you.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Catherine, I hope you like it! I love mine!

      Delete
  5. Love the Fox design, I used to do embroidery, this is a sweet design.
    Love the bag what a great find as are the floss keepers. I always have tweezers in my bag for stitching.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beautiful fabric colors you chose. And the stitching bag looks really great! I agree that tweezers are so useful, that's a good idea to check out the dollar store.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete