22 May 2024

Summer Birds: Spring Robin

 

New finish for my Summer Birds project and introduction to the new (to me) designer I mentioned! This is Spring Robin by Pigeon Coop Designs, stitched with the recommended DMC on 28 ct. PTP Highland. 

I've had a prairie design by Pigeon Coop in my Etsy favorites for quite some time but hadn't really explored his work very much as I had just stumbled across it and marked it. Then I happened to see a couple of his newer bird designs and decided to investigate. That ended with me buying several designs and pre-ordering his book, which comes out this summer. And I never buy designs sight unseen! I am definitely not a mystery sampler/SAL/design kinda girl. I tried that once, and ended up having to redesign the last few parts because I didn't like them. Lesson learned. However, I made an exception here. I just love his unique style and the fact that the book is all nature designs. He's periodically releasing sneak peeks from the book on his Facebook page, and has also released all of the chapter and design titles. I can't wait!

I really enjoyed stitching this pretty little Robin. This style stitches up quickly and is very relaxing, much like the geometric and mandala designs I love so much.



If you enjoy nature designs and are looking for something a little different, do check him out at all the links I've provided, and Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

  1. I know you got the lovely fox available for pre-ordering the book? Your robin is gorgeous! I love your blog and all your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I absolutely did! Can't wait to stitch it! Thanks for being here!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bird, love him Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird is awesome!
    I checked out his Etsy page & messaged him to design a Turtle, I am into Turtles!
    Love his designs of nature.
    Thanks for the links.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good for you, Marilyn! A turtle shell would be perfect for his style!

      Delete
  4. Love your Robin piece, Honeybee! Funny you mention Max's designs and pre-ordering his new book. I am getting ready to order several of his designs along with pre-ordering his book. Thanks for the link to remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and unusual design! I don't know this designer, so will definitely be looking into this- thanks for the links! I love bird and other nature designs as well, so I'm excited to see the other designs too. Hope you're having a good week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really different, like a breath of fresh air!

      Delete
  6. Hmm, I'll have to check his Facebook out. Your Robin is too cute!

    ReplyDelete