Summer has ended on a sad note. Mr. Wonderful had a birthday and we had some lovely celebrations but a few days later he lost his mother. He's just gotten home from Texas and we are tired and drained but also feeling very blessed by all the love and care from our church family. It's a quiet, rainy Saturday. The house is clean, the laundry done, the fridge stocked. I wanted to make sure when he got home, everything could stop and be quiet, so he could rest.
June and July had been taken up mostly with my big sewing room clean out project, but that skidded to a halt in early August. We lost a member of our church family and there was busyness with that, and then we had our own loss. So, I'm behind with some things I had wanted to have finished by the end of summer. But that's life. Someone once said, "Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans."
I'm looking forward to fall, though cooler weather is a while off yet. Looking forward to getting back into my sewing room and finishing that up. Looking forward to settling back into my stitching. Just looking forward to normal after a month of loss and everything that goes with it.
I hope the last few days of summer are finding you well, and that you're feeling that little spark of anticipation of all the lovely things fall brings, even if you have to fake fall like I do!












No comments:
Post a Comment