31 October 2015

Saturday Sampler: Halloween Edition

Happy Halloween from The Girls!


Belinda, Penelope, and Sally

These little gals were originally published in the Just Cross Stitch special Halloween issues in 2008, 2011, and 2013. They weren't available separate from those long sold-out issues... until Friday! Brooke Nolan made them available as a set in her Etsy store

Last Sunday, I made up my mind to take the plunge and do the Plum Street Samplers 12 Days of Christmas free mystery sampler that I mentioned in last Saturday's Sampler (is that a confusing enough sentence?!). So I spent Sunday afternoon choosing colors for it, placed my order, and then spent the week cyberstalking the progress of my threads across the country to my house. I can't be the only one who does this. How did we survive in the days before we could track our goodies as they moved through the postal system?

My threads arrived Friday, and I spent that afternoon deciding on fabric and getting everything ready to start, which I did manage to do last night. I'm going my own way with the colors, but more on that tomorrow. Speaking of color, we're at peak fall color right now. This was taken early this week, and today there is no green to be seen on this tree.

Tiger Lily has been enjoying the cool air at her windows.

And finally, here's a Saturday sneak peek of the mystery sampler.

Check back in on Sunday for a mystery sampler update and a little more about the colors I've chosen for this wonderful freebie.

6 comments:

  1. The girls look great! Yes, I do cyberstalk, lol. Some ONS's don't track but I'm impatient when it comes to stitchy goodies! I still order from those who don't track though. I like the colors of the pears. I'm sure it took some time to put the colors together for the sampler. Me, I'm not that creative but I did change the color of the one pear! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the colors of you pears! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pears as well! So pretty and delicate. The girls look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween to you and yours! I like the girls you have finished. Nice start on Paulette's Sunday SAL; I am looking forward to seeing what your changes will be. Your fall leaves pictures is fabulous. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, your pears look awesome...I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "Girls" look gorgeous! I love their finery.
    Your Autumn leaves look really pretty, & remind me of my favourite season back home in Australia. The Plum Street Sampler is capturing my interest. Can't wait to see more.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete