28 April 2016

Snowfire Christmas Update #2

Thanks so much for the kind words about Snowfire Christmas, and about my homemade stitch diagram. That was a first for me, and it's gratifying to know it was helpful to some.

Here's where I am as of last night... I'm so close, y'all!

In choosing the color for the words, I fiddled with all of the colors in the sampler: a paler shade of grey, white, two shades of green, two shades of red. I wanted the words to blend in to the sampler instead of dominate it, so I chose the darker grey. I also toyed with the idea of using a more elaborate alphabet and stitching the words over one, but I decided I enjoy being sane and opted for a simpler alphabet stitched over two. I'm so glad I did, because just stitching the "and" over one was plenty of over one stitching for me.

So. teeny.

I had a great deal of assistance from the Stitchy Supervisor while working on this section. Not sure how I could have done it without her. Standing on the chart:

Lying down on the chart:

Dozing off on the chart:

Baffing on the chart:

Making sure the chart is marked correctly:

Such a lot of supervising. 

I hope, hope, my next update will be a finish. I'm going out of town on Saturday and wanted to have this WIP done before I leave, but there's a row of elaborate beaded snowflakes standing between me and the finish. We'll see. Stay tuned!


  1. Gorgeous! Both the stitching and the cat :)

  2. It is stunning, Honeybee! It won't be long before you have it wrapped up and ready to be framed! Tiger Lily is a precious assistant.

  3. What a gorgeous labor of love! That Tiger Lily is something else. ;)

  4. You can do it! Such a gorgeous piece.

  5. Beautiful work, I really like the alphabet you chose to use - to do it all over one would have taken a month of Sundays! Glad to see that Tiger Lily takes her job seriously LOL You must be paying her in tasty treats ;)