17 May 2016

Finishing Spree: Update #1~Folded & Pinned Trim

I'm on my finishing spree! Just like a crime spree... except not illegal. I've got a ton of finishing to show, so I'll be posting several updates instead of one gigantic post. Stay tuned throughout the week!

My finishing tutorial is here, including an explanation of why I finish everything flat, my tips, and some other thoughts on finishing. Click the "finishing" label to see other stuff. Here we go!

Black Hearted Queen, a freebie that can be found here. The charm is from Hobby Lobby.



A Halloween freebie that can be found here. The fabric is Solar from Picture This Plus.

A bunny freebie that can be found here. It's stitched with Caron Wildflowers in Easter Egg.



And a Christmas ornament from the 2014 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue.

Here are a few close-ups of how I do the folded & pinned ribbon/trim. First, anchor the trim with a pin.

Fold the trim (or ribbon) down at an angle and then back up again, pinning at the fold.

Use the width of the ornament as a guide to how deep the folds should be. I like mine to be pretty close to the width of the ornament, maybe just a smidge wider.

Here's how it looks using ribbon.


Happy Finishing!

7 comments:

  1. Honeybee, I love your stitching and finishing technique. They are all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the folded and pinned ribbon technique. Cool! These are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super finished finishes! I really like that folded and pinned technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the finishes Honeybee, & thank you for the directions to the freebies, all great do love the bad queen. :)
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes - especially the Queen! Thanks for the explanation of the folded ribbon technique. It looks very effective and I can't believe how simple it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finishes! Can't wait to see the rest. I also read your finishing tutorial and loved it, and your humor as well! I have two pigs outside, similar to Petunia, although mine are of the metal variety...still need to name them....

    ReplyDelete