20 May 2017

Saturday Sampler: Late Spring Edition

It's been too long since we've had a Saturday Sampler. Let's look around and see what we can find.

First, a very special finish. This little Texas sampler was designed especially for my Texas basket by Holly DeVivo of Misty Hill Studio. It depicts some of the state symbols of Texas: the guitar, the jalapeño pepper, the Ruby Red grapefruit, and the Monarch butterfly. Check out this cool website to see what your state symbols are. Thank you, Holly!


And speaking of my Texas basket, more stash!

Gorgeous Texas wildflower fabric to be used for backing my finishes. Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, Primrose, Mexican Hat...

Here's what's blooming around here. This is Scotch Broom that I planted the first year we lived in this house. Seven years later, it's huge. I didn't know they got this large when I planted it by the sidewalk! 

Speedwell:

Calibrachoa: 

A beautiful, soft, late spring evening...

Have a lovely weekend, y'all, and happy stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Honeybee...wow that sampler is great. I love it and will go look at the site as soon as I am done here. Your fabrics are awesome...where have you been finding wildflower fabrics? I literally can not wait until your Texas basket is done...it is going to be very special especially with your great finishes. Your plants are thriving and are very lovely. Have a great weekend. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RJ, I found the wildflower fabric on Etsy. The two shops I used were Country Stitches and Melody of the Heart. Good service from both.

      Delete
  2. What a cute little sampler! I was hoping the site would feature cross stitch designs for each item but alas, we have to do that ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I love the cool website link! Your gifted sampler is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special sampler Holly created for you, Honeybee! Thanks for sharing the link with us. Lovely fabrics and what gorgeous flowers and view!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a theme basket. I have a vintage wooden dough bowl which would be perfect for such a thing. But there are so many themes from which to choose! A bird theme would be fun. You are so creative and I can't wait to see the entire basket all pulled together.

    And I had absolutely no idea speedwell was an actual perennial. I thought they were only weeds, late winter flowers that pop up all over my yard. They're pretty but smaller, more like a ground cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do a different theme for each season... or if you really can't narrow it down, a different theme for each month! ;O)

      Delete
  6. What a great sampler. I really like your flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cute Sampler, and your flowers are beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Texas sampler is adorable, the moda fabrics are so pretty, they are of such lovely quality also. Like RJ, I can't wait to see your all your Texas stitches together.
    I just bought my first speedwell plant this weekend as our local garden club has a yearly plantsale, I hope mine does as well as yours. Have a great week, Mary@stitchingfriendsforever2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are so pretty. Of Course being from Texas, I love all your Texas items. The Texas sampler is also neat. Great stitching and know it will be great in your Texas basket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those Moda wildflower fabrics, so very pretty with great colours. What a wonderful collection of stitched Texas flowers you have made.
    It is always a joy to read your blog.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. are you from Texas?

    ReplyDelete