20 December 2017

Flavors of Christmas: Peppermint

No celebration of the flavors of Christmas would be complete without that most Christmas-y of Christmas flavors, peppermint!


"Peppermint" is stitched on 30 ct. Irish Cream linen from R&R Reproductions with Threadworx #01087. The cookie jar charm is from 123 Stitch and the Christmas tree cookie cutter is from Shelly's Buttons and More.

*****

Peppermint Meltaways

If you're a peppermint fan, you must not miss these! So soft and lightly pepperminty. Delicious. I don't like the texture of crushed peppermints on cookies, so I used finely chopped Andes Peppermint Crunch candies. They are softer and don't get sticky like crushed  peppermints sometimes do.

1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. cornstarch

Frosting:
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 c. crushed peppermint candies (or the Andes candies I mentioned above)

Cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch and gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.

Shape into 1" balls and place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.

For frosting, beat butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, milk, and extract and beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cookies and sprinkle with crushed candies.

5 comments:

  1. I am truly inspired by your Christmas theme. I really like the variegated thread used on this one. Peppermint is one of my favorite flavors but if you invited me for tea I wouldn't pass up any of your cookies thus far. Keep sewing and baking! :+}

    Sandra in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peppermint piece is simply beautiful, Honeybee. I really like the thread you used to portray peppermint. Thanks for another delightful cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum these sound so delicious. I definitely will give these a try. Love the adorable peppermint stitch! Great job. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peppermint is a personal favorite of mine. I put candy canes on the tree and eat through them in December! :) Your photography has been wonderful - I love all the little props you are using.

    Those cookies are delicious, I've made them before. They actually melt in your mouth, kind of like those puffy mints everyone used to serve at baby showers.

    ReplyDelete