12 December 2017

Little Elf Girl

I was all set to stitch one more JOY project before Mr. Wonderful got home, but a fellow stitcher shared this adorable freebie and I got distracted! In my defense, the design is called Christmas Joy, so I'm counting it!


As you can see, I "edited" this design, which I talked about in this post. I also added a candy cane in her left hand, gave her stripey stockings, and fiddled with the tree quite a bit, filling in a lot of green and moving the berries and the bird. She's stitched on 32 ct. petit point linen with DMC Blanc and 3773, GAST Buckeye Scarlet and Bayberry, and CC Bramble Bush.

8 comments:

  1. Christmas Joy (aka little girl elf) is darling. I like your changes and her snazzy Buckeye Scarlet coat. Way to go, Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I recognized her! ;) She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable--and I love her fluffy pompom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. I love the changes you made, but I really like the original also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design, and I love the editing you've done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so very sweet!! Love the dotted linen.

    ReplyDelete