19 February 2018

Project Bags

I have a weakness for project bags, and have oodles, but only a couple of them are bags actually intended for stitching projects. All the rest of mine are re-purposed from other uses. My latest discovery is swimsuit bags and they are *perfect* project bags!

I found these at Tuesday Morning for $4 each.

They have a clear zipper pocket for tools and the main zipper pocket holds a pretty good-sized Q-snap. This one is about 8" x 9".

The large pocket has a waterproof lining, offering more protection for projects on the go.

Here's a little school supply bag I bought at Wal-Mart for $1. This one also has an outside zipper pocket for tools, and the main zipper pocket will hold an ornament-sized or slightly larger Q-snap. I popped this one in my bag for a trip to Texas and it was very convenient.

I love to use cosmetic bags for stitching projects. This one came from Target, but I've had it for so long I can't remember how much it cost. I do know that it was less than $10.

It holds a disassembled 6" Q-snap and all the necessary tools.


There are lots of beautiful project bags out there and many of them are pretty pricey. If you need a bag, but you're on a budget, keep your eyes open and think outside of the box (bag?) when you're out shopping. It's not hard to find cool, affordable project bags!

9 comments:

  1. Honeybee, thanks for the ideas. I too have a passion for bags...all kinds and yes have way to many!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Those swimsuit sack bags look super. Will have to look into them! It is fun to browse a variety of shops looking for items that can be re-purposed for stitching accessories. Enjoy your week, Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bags. Never heard of swimsuit bags before. I usually use a couple of plastic bags (usually the shopping kind). I will check out Tuesday Morning. I also have a large collection of bags. My large one now also have become portable files - one for each of my lineage societies, one for current genealogical research, etc
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I like not having to spend a lot of money for a project bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Honeybee :o)
    This is Melanie, from 1-2-3 MB. Just trying this out to see if I am able to post to your blog. I’ve chosen the Anonymous option, but do not wish to remain so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omygosh! I think it worked! Did it work?
    lol
    Anyways.
    I like your ideas for project bags., creative inspire-er that you (always) are.
    Thanks mucho!!

    PS, I posted a Clark photo for Mr. W under your Proud of DH post @ 1-2-3.
    ��
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked! Welcome, Melanie and Potpie!

      Delete
    2. Grazí! We are most honored. :o)
      Melanie & Potpie

      Delete
  7. This is such a helpful post, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete