05 February 2018

Spring Bunny Wreath


I made up these variations of Just Nan's Honey Bunny almost five years ago, and every spring since then I've been putting them in my spring basket display, but they're so small they end up getting a bit lost. I decided to make a little wreath of spring grass and daisies for them.

For the wreath:

10" foam wreath form
eyelash yarn in spring green (two skeins, if skeins are small)
daisy chain trim (Jo Ann Fabrics)
yellow pearl head pins
*patience*

Wrapping the wreath takes forever because in order to achieve maximum fluffiness, you have to wrap it tightly. It's a pretty mindless task, so put on your favorite movie or show and just sit and wrap. And wrap. And wrap. And wrap. (It will take you longer than one movie.) When you have to stop, just pin the yarn to keep it nice and tight and hold your place. 

I've had this daisy chain trim for so long I don't remember where I got it, but I have seen it at Jo Ann Fabrics recently. (Super fluffy wreath!)

Cut the daisies apart and pin them to the wreath. Decorate with your favorite spring critters, or perhaps some pretty colored eggs, hidden in the grass. (The daisy ribbon is from AC Moore.)



My color choices for these bunnies can be found in this post.


13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous wreath you created to showcase your bunnies, Honeybee! Thank you for sharing your how to with us. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great wreath! I'm still putting together the Flavors of Christmas wreath you inspired me to do. I had to wait for the charms and some buttons. I'd send you some pictures when I finish but alas,I don't know how to do that. :+{ I also did the Summer Tea and Fireflies you posted this past Summer. "Thank You" for sharing your work. I look forward to your posts.

    Sandra in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Honeybee. The stitched critters are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty Honeybee.
    Easter in this part of the world NZ, is in Autumn, even still in Australia, as we are re locate home, in a couple of weeks.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love those little bunnies so much. Great wreath...Spring is on its way! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Patience" ... that made me smile. It's the unseen ingredient on the supply list of most creative adventures. Clever and adorable wreath. My heart is starting to long for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty wreath to display your adorable bunnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bunny wreath is wonderful - such adorable little JN bunnies! (that daisy trim? amazing that you just saw it at JoAnn's as my sister used a virtually identical trim on a dress she made in the 60s!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, LOVE your bunnies!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to display your cute bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wreath looks great with all the little bunnies! I like the different colours you made them in too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the perfect decoration for the new season!

    ReplyDelete