07 August 2019

Anyone for pie?


I've already begun work on my 6th annual Christmas Open House projects and am close to my first finish, but I can't show you that because no peeking 'til Christmas. Instead, have a look at this delightful Autumn Sampler I found on Etsy. I've been up to my ears in Christmas stitching and I was in the mood for something fall-ish, and I stumbled across this little gem while browsing autumn patterns. Isn't it wonderful?

I'm stitching it on 28 count hand-dyed Cornflower Blue evenweave from Wichelt. Only a few of the blocks are fully stitched, and I wanted a fabric that looked like a gorgeous autumn sky peeking through the rest. 

It's been challenging since we got here, and my hoped-for summer of stitching and relaxing hasn't materialized, but I keep hoping! 

9 comments:

  1. That is a cute autumn sampler. I look forward to seeing your progress. I am sure that it will look great on that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Autumn stitch ,it feels like Autumn here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute Sampler, it will look great on that fabric.
    Hope your stitching plans fall into place soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pie! What a sweet sampler this is. I hope the challenges disappear my friend and you have plenty of stitching time ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful fall design you found, Honeybee! It is going to look fabulous on your fabric choice. As always, thank you for providing the link. Well, I was wondering if there would be a Christmas Open House and with this post have my answer. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pie! One thing I miss most as a displaced Midwestern girl is the season of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful!! Can't wait to see everything you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy makes me want a piece of pie! I hope your stitching plans get back in order, I know how moving can disrupt things.

    ReplyDelete