24 August 2019

Christmas Ornament SAL August finish


My eighth finish for the Christmas Ornament SAL I'm participating in! This is from the 2005 issue of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments. The model is stitched all in red, but as y'all know, I'm doing pink and green color conversions for the Christmas tree in my pink & green sewing room. I was going for an ombre look for this one, so I stitched it in three shades of rosy pink, from light to dark:

"Feare Not" is stitched in GAST Antique Rose
The middle section is stitched in CC Wild Berries
The band and "Rejoice" are stitched in GAST Briar Rose

I'm pleased with how it turned out. It's a bit big for an ornament, but I may just tuck it in amongst the large lower branches of the tree. It's one of those spindly trees that has a lot of room between the tiers of branches--perfect for filling up with ornaments and goodies.

Only one of the eight ornaments I've stitched is fully finished (click on the label at the end of this post to see them all). I really, really need to have a finishing day--more like a week--pretty soon. But at least I'm on schedule with this SAL. 

Back to pumpkins...

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty.
    It's fun going through all of the past issues of JCS Ornaments.
    You find some that you forgot about.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your ornament finish, Honeybee! I really like the trio of colors you used for this one. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete