23 January 2020

Winter Train


We are in deep winter here on the Great Plains and I am really enjoying my winter stitching. When I saw this design--Christmas Train by The Posy Collection--I was captivated! The image of a steam train rushing through a winter night is so evocative and this little kit captures it perfectly. I stitched it with most of the included DMC, but swapped out the red for GAST Buckeye Scarlet and the greens for GAST Otter Creek and Weeks Blue Spruce. I also used the new Zweigart 32 ct. Basalt Splash I showed in my last post (kit and fabric available at 123 Stitch). 

Since I wanted a winter design I could display for several months, I left off the wreath on the front of the train and the star and french knots on the tree. And about that tree: I got the subtle, piney look by using the mismatched method I described in this post. (I confess to never following the "cross each stitch as you go when using variegated threads" rule and I often mismatch the strands if I'm stitching something with a lot of texture like trees or fur.) I love this little design. I think I may frame it, which is not something I usually do for ornament-sized designs. 

Tiger Lily has had a lot of snow to watch lately. Her favorite window is in Mr. Wonderful's office upstairs overlooking the back yard where it's nice and quiet, but I did manage to get a shot of her looking out a downstairs front window. She doesn't do it often because she doesn't like cars, and snowplows are particularly scary! This is a moment of bravery!

BONUS CONTENT: Mr. Bun says, "Hi." He still visits every day unless the weather is especially bad. Shows up in the morning and goes home about dusk. We chat every morning when I come downstairs. This morning when I took his picture I told him he was about to be world-famous. 

12 comments:

  1. Our bunnies have been hiding lately....or at least they haven't been around when I've been home. I loved seeing Mr. Bun. Tiger Lily is quite interested in what is going on outside. I really like that train. I like your changes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your winter train! The fabric you chose works perfectly, too. I'm sure it would look great framed and it would be lovely to have it displayed all winter. I've taken several rides in steam trains and I love them. I always enjoy seeing Tiger Lily, and it's neat Mr Bun is still visiting.I hope you keep enjoying your winter stitching!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Winter Train is great, I haven't seen that one before.
    Sweet photo of Tiger Lily looking out the window and of Mr Bunny hiding in the bush :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little stitch, so pretty on that fabric.
    Pretty Tiger Lily sitting in the window.
    We used to have a little bunny at our old house in the winter.
    He was just a little guy that hid in the bushes.
    But we would see him almost everyday in the snow.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super shot you got of Mr. Bun! I love the snapshot of Tiger Lily. Yay for being brave! LOVE your precious train stitch, Honeybee! It looks so good on that fabric. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the sweetest little project. I love your adjustments, clever you. Very cute kittie and bunny...we have one hanging around as well. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little train is lovely! We don't have rabbits in the garden, my husband complains enough about mole hills, I don't think he'd appreciate a rabbit warren LOL. We do have deer who eat the shrubs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your train stitch .have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece. Love your changes. Love the bunny. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm rooting for you! Its a beautiful piece. I'm still waiting in anticipation for my package from Russia. Ordered quite a few smalls to do. And now I see the fox. (Sigh) a must have for my grandsons. I must stop visiting this blog. I get in trouble every time! BUT I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can tell your partner... that will trigger deep feelings of love and impulsive appeal for you buried within his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, admire and look after you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Who Trigger A Man's Love Response

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will drive him to work harder than before to build your relationship stronger.

    Matter of fact, triggering this dominant instinct is so important to having the best ever relationship with your man that once you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll immediately notice him expose his soul and mind to you in a way he haven't experienced before and he'll distinguish you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly attracted him.

    ReplyDelete