17 April 2020

What is this nonsense?


Y'all, it is nearly May. May. Our first winter on the Great Plains was rather underwhelming, which was a welcome change for the locals since last year was brutal. We had some intense cold, but very little snow. Until yesterday. I think we got 7 or 8 inches. Just look at this ridiculousness.

Anyway, I got Snowflakes and Scissors framed (link to freebie and stitching info in this post). Very appropriate for a lovely spring... snowstorm.





Meanwhile, here is a tiny bun:

I'm stitching spring, spring, spring right now and gradually working through the finishing/framing pile. Oddly enough (for me), I'm looking forward to summer. I'm not a summer person in any way; I look at it as the preparation period for the best season of all, autumn. But I think this year I'm looking forward to it because, psychologically if not practically, it stands for a turning point. This has been such a difficult spring, and while I don't think the challenges will be over by the summer, I hope and pray we will have returned to some level of normalcy. It won't be like the old normal, but perhaps it will be familiar enough to relieve some of the stress so many are feeling. We're all waiting for the same thing, a vaccine, but that will be a while. Having some normal activity and familiar routines will help with the wait. I'm also looking forward to the summer for another (stitchy) reason, and I'll have a post about that in a few days.

Hang in there, y'all, and Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

  1. Oh Honeybee, I loved seeing your pictures of the snow! It was such a non-snow season here (well, except for the small almost 3 inches we had, but didn't hang around because it got warm again), so I loved seeing your snowfall. Glad you got your snow stitched frame. It looks super. I can't wait to read your next blog post. Hope Mr. Bun is okay out there! Have a peaceful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so much snow for this time of year - I don't envy you at all. I find looking ahead too hard just now, I'm trying to just take each day as it comes. I think working in a health setting and speaking to doctors at work gives you a slightly different view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that's a lot of snow! It is snowing here, too... I've been in a "bunny" mood myself lately, too. Stitching something cute gets my mind off other topics, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow, oh my. We didn't get any at all this last winter except an occasional flurry which never settled. I always think it look beautiful but don't want to have to live with it. Sweet snowflake picture though. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of snow for this time of year!
    It doesn't even feel like Easter was here yet, & it's over & gone.
    Snowflakes is pretty all framed up.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of snow for mid-April. Snowflakes outside and inside with that pretty cross-stitch piece. Definitely keep stitching spring, maybe it will trigger Mother Nature to cooperate. I too am looking forward to summer. Maybe there will be a little less stress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many snow!!!
    You embroidery is very vey nice!
    Kisses from Italy!
    Monique 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, snow! The freebie design is perfect though.
    Cute little bunny too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We got 3 inches of snow here in my part of Indiana Friday. It sure is crazy. I love snow but not in April! Lovely stitching. Your finish looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's quite a bit of snow, especially for April! It's very pretty, but doesn't seem like spring! I love your finish- very appropriate! Hope you had a relaxing weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a bet jealous of your snow, even if it is almost May. We got very little here this winter. Your Snowflakes and Scissors is very fitting for the weather.

    ReplyDelete