26 January 2021

Hibernatin' (and a PSA!)

 

We're buried under a foot of snow! It started early Monday morning and snowed without a break until the wee hours of Tuesday morning. Snow day! Or two!



Cake was in order. Okay, cake is always in order, but, you know.

I had to share this with y'all. I made Mr. Wonderful a little low-carb cinnamon cake. At some point, while not under my supervision, he cut it himself. This is what we ended up with. I literally burst out laughing when I saw it. What a mess! (Yes, the top center piece is cut in two. He explained he was trying to correct a mistake, or something. I couldn't follow.) Too funny.



I've been spending a lot of time in my sewing room over the last week, re-organizing my threads, planning projects, and of course, stitching. What in the world could that picture above be? I'll share an update when I get a little further along. (Those colors though!)

I'm planning a March start for the gorgeous Huckleberry Farm by The Blue Flower. If anybody wants to stitch along with me you've got time to get your supplies!

PSA:

You've probably already heard that this year's Nashville Market has been cancelled due to the pandemic (booooo!). However, that doesn't mean we won't get to see all the new spring goodies from our favorite designers. There is an online wholesale market taking place 6-8 March where designers and retailers will come together as they normally do at Market. If you check out the Needlework Expo website you'll see links for Exhibitors and Buyers. Click the Exhibitors link to see if your favorite designer will be offering new goodies, and click the Buyers link to see if your favorite LNS or online shop will be buying. Usually new spring designs start to appear in mid-January and it looks like that's right on track. I'm already seeing new stuff. So don't worry, we're still going to have lots of lovely spring things to enjoy in a few weeks! Must. stitch. faster.

Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

  1. We have a lot of snow here also in WI.
    Interesting design!
    I love Huckleberry Farm, need to get fabric though.
    Stay warm Tiger Lily!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow missed us but possibly some lady in the week. Although it can be a mess, it looks so pretty. Love the Shale fabric for Huckleberry Farm. Looking forward to seeing what that one project will be. Lol about the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished kitting up Huckleberry . I will join you in March, I will pick up Houses of Hawk Run to fill in the time. On block #6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hooray! Can't wait to start this and it will be lovely to know you're out there stitching with me, Mary!

      Delete
  4. Oh Honeybee, I am pea-green over your snow pictures. We had some sleet and ice overnight on Monday. Please whisper to your snow that your friend in Virginia would love for it to show up here. Your new WIP is looking good and you are right about those colors. Lovely fixings for Huckleberry Farm and you know, I will be cheering you on. Too funny over the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always Lovely to start a new design trouble with me I have started more than two already .
    How lovely I love snow .
    Your cooking looks so yummy .
    And beautiful flowers, did hubby buy them for you after what he did to the cake ! HA.
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! He brought me those before he wrecked the cake!

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's a lot of snow! Good luck with the new start, the colours look lovely.
    I am sorry Nashville won't be going ahead but pleased they have made the right decision. We don't want all our favourite designers succumbing to Covid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snow photos are beautiful! Sounds like you've been enjoying the time in your sewing room; I'm interested to see what your current piece is- and I agree about the gorgeous colors! I look forward to seeing Huckleberry Farm come together. Take care.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete