07 March 2024

Yay, Me!

 

Y'all, I did it! Last week when I was unsupervised I set out to frame 10 of my smaller finishes that I had frames for. I finished up on Saturday and am just now getting a chance to photograph and post. Kinda proud of myself for having finally gotten these finishes framed because some of them have been living in the finishes box for an embarrassing length of time. That being the case, some of them may no longer be available, but I'll identify them anyway in case you see something you want to hunt for.

First, my beautiful red boy, stitched from a kit. Scroll down a few posts for the link to the shop.


Fox Forest by The Workbasket



Liberty by Just Nan (charted as an angel, but I stitched her without the halo and wings), and Be Brave by Shepherd's Bush



Believe in Magic by Bluebird Needleworks, available from this Etsy shop. This is my blue-to-red color conversion, and my color choices are in this post. (The shop link in this old post no longer works, but the design is available at the shop link above.)
And a blue-to-green conversion of a very old Passione Ricamo freebie which is no longer available. You can see the original blue version in this post.





And there we have it! If you scroll through my last several posts you'll see all 10 of my framed finishes. I received my first custom frame from a new shop I'm trying out, and hopefully I'll be able to get that framing job done pretty soon and be off on my custom frame adventure. Also coming up: so. much. finishing. 

Stay tuned and Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

  1. Wow well done , you made it.
    Lovely framing and your work looks just wonderful .
    Some lovely designs to.
    Enjoy your Friday , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so pretty!
    I miss Workbasket designs, haven't seen any releases by them in years.
    Congrats on all of your finishes.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! I didn't realize they weren't still releasing designs until I checked to see if this one was still in print. Seems stocks are low.

      Delete
  3. Each one is beautiful in its designated frame, Honeybee. I love how you framed your red bull. I look forward to seeing your custom order frame and your thoughts on the company you used. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! I guess framing things off center is a no-no, but to my eye, that hard right edge of the design just needed to be flush with the frame. And he looks like he's peeking around the corner! Glad you approve! ;O)

      Delete
    2. I had a couple pieces framed in a similar manner years ago and the framer was like you can't do that. I bet you know who won that battle. I think he looks perfect framed that way. And you are right that it gives the appearance of peeking around the corner.

      Delete
    3. Oh, forevermore! It's your piece. If you want to frame it upside down, that's your business!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful stitching and framing. Congratulations on getting so much accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's really impressive you finished the rest of the framing you had hoped to do- everything looks beautiful! I especially love how you framed the red bull. I look forward to seeing your finishing with custom frames as well. Hope you're having a good weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes I surprise myself! Not very often, but sometimes! ;O)

      Delete
  6. What a great job you've done with framing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks great. Good job! With stitching I am fast, but finishing, it takes a little time.
    Greetings, Gabi

    ReplyDelete