15 September 2024

Quoth the Raven

 

First finish of spooky season! This is Nevermore Raven by Quaternion Creations from the 2024 Just Cross Stitch Halloween Special Issue (also available in the designer's Etsy shop). I chose a darker fabric than the model because I wanted that beautiful moon to really show up well. I also added a little spark of color to the leaf.


Fabric: 28 ct. Storm, Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie

Moon: GAST Ohio Sky
Raven/Nevermore: GAST Onyx
Branches: GAST Wood Trail
Leaf: CC Colonial Copper



10 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful! I have this one on my list to do, but I'm going to do the moon in glow-in-the-dark floss. I have a nice swirly charcoal fabric picked out for it! Nice to see it stitched up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The fabric and changes are perfect. Well done!
    Darlene N

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful finish, Honeybee! He fits in with your other bird pieces that you stitched this year. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great stitch!
    It is one of my favorites from that issue.
    Love your colors.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! It immediately caught my eye.

      Delete