11 September 2024

Summer Birds: Blue Jay

 

Here he is! My final bird for the summer, a gorgeous Blue Jay from the new book by Max Pigeon, Cross Stitch in the Forest (Amazon). I stitched him on Stormy Grey Jobelan, and pretty much stuck to the chart, except for one thing. This designer uses a lot of negative space in his work, which I like, but he also uses white fabric a lot. I almost never use white fabric, so for this design, I simply filled the spaces he left open (for the white fabric to show) with white stitches. This is the third design of his I've stitched this year (!) and for the other two, I used green and blue fabrics, and didn't fill any of the negative space. These designs can definitely work well on dyed fabric.

 

I have all but one of my summer birds fully finished and am just waiting on a frame for this guy, and I'll have this bird project wrapped up until next spring. I am continuing to work on my Nimble Birds sampler though. 

Stay tuned to see all my bird finishes, and my first Halloween finish of the year! Coming soon!


12 comments:

  1. I love this little fella! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, your stitching looks beautiful! Such a neat design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so vibrant & pretty.
    The Jays here are molting & they look so sad with almost bare heads.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on your fabric choice, Honeybee! What a beautiful Blue Jay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! He kinda glows on the grey fabric!

      Delete
  5. This is really stunning! The colors of the Blue Jay are so vibrant, and it looks great on that fabric too. I look forward to seeing your summer birds all together.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have loved each and every bird you have stitched. This one truly is a stand out. Looking forward to seeing your finishes with these beautiful birds. You even inspired me to stitch some birds that I have planned to do. Thanks for sharing your beautiful stitching,.

    ReplyDelete