21 September 2014

The Thesis Project

Mr. Wonderful is in graduate school and will begin writing his thesis this winter. I suggested he choose a project for me to start when he starts writing. Here's his choice, which will hang in his office when I finish it.

Isn't that gorgeous? It's a Riolis (Russian) kit, and I plan to switch out the fabric for evenweave or linen. It's a pretty good sized project, but not a difficult stitch as it only has 11 colors. 

Other stash has recently made its way to my house. Of course, the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue is here, and we've already chosen our ornaments.

Here's a new Halloween design by The Drawn Thread.

Some pink polka-dot evenweave with a slight shimmer that I have no idea how I will use, but  knew for sure had to come live at my house. Just in case.

And finally, some gorgeous new threads from GAST, Frozen Grapes (limited edition) on the left and Dragonfly on the right.

I'm working on Halloween ornaments right now. Hope to have the first one finished in a couple of days. 


9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous owl design you have chosen! It looks very regal and very life-like. What Halloween ornaments are you working on?

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! I'm working on White Jack-o-lantern (Casey Buonaugurio) from the Sept/Oct 2012 issue of Just Cross Stitch. When I finish that I'll do Brooke Nolan's Penelope from the JCS 2011 special Halloween Collection.

      Delete
  2. Okay, firstly, where did you purchase the pink polka dot evenweave?!?
    And secondly, I stitched a Riolis kit at the beginning of this year. I did use the aida that came with it, because my pattern was one hundred percent filled in, no material shows. Does yours have wool yarn too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from the scrap basket at my LNS. I thought it might be from Fabric Flair and I did a little investigating for you and found that it is. It also comes in lavender!

      Yes, my Riolis kit has wool. Haven't decided if I'm going to use it or not. I rarely do kits and have a horror of running out of thread, which would be particularly disastrous with a Riolis kit! I'm thinking of stitching it on a 32 ct. evenweave or linen instead of the 14 ct. Aida provided, and that should solve the thread problem as the design will be smaller.

      Delete
  3. Ooooooooooooo, I LOVE the Drawn Thread Halloween piece. I haven't seen that before. :) The piece your DH chose for you to stitch is beautiful. Can't wait to watch your progress on that. :) Have a terrific Monday! :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous stuff! And where did you find that Russian kit? I'd love to see more of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Terri! I got the kit from 123 Stitch:

      http://www.123stitch.com/item/Riolis-White-Owl-Cross-Stitch-Kit/RL1241

      She carries some Riolis kits, as do Herrschner's, ABC Stitch Therapy, and The Stitchery. Sew and So in the UK has the largest selection I've seen. I've ordered Riolis kits from them and have had very good service.

      http://www.sewandso.co.uk/CrossStitch/Riolis

      Delete
  5. Very lovely owl! It's great. Have fun stitching it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Honeybee!
    The owl is gorgeous. Mr. Wonderful has good taste. ;o) It'll be beautiful when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete