26 June 2017

Getting close...

Today's mail brought a wonderful surprise from Melissa in Texas! If you're a stitcher from Texas, you probably know about this chart, as it's an out-of-print classic. My copy is a nearly 30-year-old hand-drawn (yikes!) chart consisting of several pages stapled together. Melissa sent me a serious upgrade, a real printed chart that I can read! Thank you, Melissa!


I have another little finish for my Texas basket. This one is from an old, out-of-print booklet of Texas designs.

I had several more Texas smalls on my to-do list, but two things have happened: 1) I've gotten really impatient about getting this basket done as soon as possible so I can enjoy it for the rest of the summer, which is a third over, and 2) I realized that if I stitched all the projects on my list, they wouldn't fit in my basket! So I chose one more project to do, which I started today, and will hopefully have done in a few days. Then I'll do all the finishing--I think there are seven--and then the big reveal! I'm aiming for around 4 July, but we'll see how my week goes. 

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the name of TwoPurplePandas.com. I just ordered and received my first two charms. Love them. Small Texas Charms are hare to find.
    Love the Texas designs, I have it in my to do stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Honeybee! Both of your Texas finishes are super, but I LOVE the Texas Panorama piece. It is truly stunning. I look forward to seeing your last project (at least for now) for the Texas basket plus the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeybee, I'm really enjoying your Texas basket coming together. Love these two new stitches especially the one from Melissa...that's a very special one for sure. I will be in Texas on July 4th and look forward to the big reveal. I know it is going to be great. RJ @ stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice addition to your Texas stash! Looking forward to your finishing of the 7!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Texas Panorama finish! How wonderful to have been sent the updated chart for it :o) Looking forward to seeing all your finishes together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice gesture, and a great addition to your basket.
    Can't wait to see it!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stitchers are the best!! Great chart! Your basket is going to be super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely surprise to get in the mail, I can't wait for your big reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of those are great.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your lovely post this weekend on the Texas Panorama chart. A girlfriend has been hunting like made for this chart. Your post mentions that Melissa sent you an updated version - do you know if she has any more copies available for purchase? Thank you so much for your time. FYI, your Blog is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there anyplace to purchase the texas panorama chart?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ls there any way to purchase the Texas panorama pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very old, out-of-print pattern, as far as I know. You might run across one on Etsy or Ebay.

      Delete