14 August 2017

Stash Update!

It was a big mail week! Robin in Virginia sent these gorgeous threads; notice what a perfect fox color that Cinnamon thread is! Thank you, Robin!

Holly in Pennsylvania sent these two wonderful books by Gladys Taber. We share a mutual love for dear Gladys, and I have to say, if you've never read her, you're missing a treat. She writes of her home, her garden, her dogs, the seasons--all with a quiet, friendly, conversational voice. If you're feeling overwhelmed by the 21st century world, you could probably do with a visit to Stillmeadow. Thank you, Holly!

Big news! My order from the Picture This Plus Christmas in July sale has already arrived! I was stunned. Last year I waited until October! Whatever the wait, it's always worth it. Top to bottom (all 28 ct. Cashel linen): Dawn, Icon, Oaken, Valor.

I assumed I would have to wait months for my PTP fabric, so I justified ordering all of this. Oops. Top two are Wichelt 32 ct. Petit Point linen in natural/brown and natural/red. Remaining three, top to bottom, are 28 ct. hand-dyed Jobelan in Twilight Mist, Clay, and Antique Copper.

This is a kit I ordered from Sew & So in the UK. Isn't it cute?

And here's a little something I picked up at my LNS. I love this sentiment. I interpret it as a gentle reminder to be willing to put away the devices, look away from the screens, and just be present in the moment.

Speaking of being present in the moment, here's my beautiful girl just a few minutes ago.

Happy Stitching!



10 comments:

  1. ooOoo! Robin's gift is wonderful! I will have to check into Gladys' books. Hello Tiger Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there, sweet Tiger Lily! What lovely books you received from Holly; will have to look them up! I really like the pair of foxes in the Glad Tidings chart, Honeybee. Your fabrics are gorgeous, but the one I like the most is the Twilight Mist Jobelan. I am not surprised that you added another piece of Valor to your collection. Enjoy the threads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful gifts received this week. And you did very well on the stash building, too. Have a great week! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stash haul!
    Love all of the fabrics.
    I am patiently waiting for my order from PTP.
    Tiger Lily is so pretty. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly was a week of lovely mail.All of the fabrics are really lovely and your little fox kit if just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice of Robin to send you the threads and yes the color is perfect for a fox! Lovely fabrics and I never heard of that author but will look at my library for the books, hopefully they will have them on tape. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of pretties (and a purrty) on this post! Enjoy! I've not read anything by that author but I'll have to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great purchases. I love that polka dot fabric. The fox chart is adorable. Maybe you will use that cinnamon floss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many goodies...oh what fun!!! So sweet of Robin and Holly to send such lovely gifts. I look forward to seeing those new charts stitched up...they are both great. I have stitched a few things on the polka dot linen and love the look. RJ@stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the beautiful threads, fabrics and the kits.
    Such a beautiful photo of your Girl. She looks so intense. If only they could speak,what a delight.
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete