20 November 2017

A Joyful Finish!

Here's my first JOY finish! This is Joy Squared, from the December 2016 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. I stitched it with GAST Buckeye Scarlet on 28 ct. Snow linen from Fabric Flair (available at 123 Stitch). Instead of stitching individual blocks, I stitched the design as a single piece, and I added lots of JABCO buttons.






For reasons known only to itself, the camera isn't reading the colors on this very well. The blue of the fabric is washed out, and the red is showing too dark. But that's the best I can do for today! On to more JOY projects...

16 comments:

  1. This looks so festive and fun! Looking forward to seeing more of your Joy projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honeybee, what a stunning finish! I love the Buckeye Scarlet against the blue fabric. I think I might need a bigger notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Honeybee. It really is a joyful stitch. I'm anxious to see how you finish it. Great colors and great job stitching an adorable stitch. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. All things red look good to me- it looks very festive. I can't believe the whole thing will be upon us once more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you personalized JOY! Those buttons are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! The buttons were a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable finish! I love all of the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this, the buttons and stitching it as one piece is such a lovely adaptation. Great job! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun finish with the button accents.

    ReplyDelete
  11. On Needlepoint Nation stash exchange, there is a family of foxes canvas for sale as well as a mini stocking with the word JOY. Just FYI.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete