15 November 2017

Breakfast with Tiger Lily

We're about 2 1/2 weeks into Mr. Wonderful's 6-week absence, and Tiger Lily and I are plodding along. We've settled into our new, unsupervised routine; I've accomplished some things around the house, and I've started my JOY projects. I should have a finish to show in a few days. 

One of the things we've been doing occasionally is sharing breakfast in bed. Now, I'm not a breakfast person, and I'm definitely not a breakfast in bed person. I'm the type that gets up when I wake up. I hate wallowing around in bed after I've awakened. And "breakfast" for me is a mini vanilla bean scone and a piping hot cup of strong Irish breakfast tea. I usually get that down while reading the news at the computer.

Anyway, Tiger Lily is--believe it or not--deeply devoted to vanilla bean scones. I'm not even kidding. She will be sound asleep, but when she gets a whiff of a warm scone, she will trot in to wherever I am, expecting to share. Since we're alone and our days are our own, we occasionally sit on the bed and have a scone together before we start our day.

Waiting patiently for her little crumbs.

Nom, nom, nom...

All gone! I have to show her there's nothing left before she will go off for her morning nap.

Have a good day, y'all!

11 comments:

  1. Cats are funny little creatures - our little Poppy was eating home made carrot soup this afternoon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is too cute. Are you sure there aren't any more crumbs? Do you make your own vanilla bean scones or do you purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, right now I buy them, but I'm experimenting and trying to come up with a recipe for a low-carb vanilla bean something. Wouldn't really be a scone, but something to replace them with.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for you answer! I hope you will share what you come up with.

      Delete
  3. There is this most awesome Brioche from Woodman's. Walmart also has it. They sell it in the same crinkly, plastic bag. The poodles know the sound of "that bag" and come running when I am eating that for breakfast. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet...Tiger Lily has great taste! My dog Sunny used to love to share popcorn with me. She would catch them no matter where they were thrown. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute story, and Tiger Lily is so beautiful.
    She deserves a treat too! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiger lily is a beautiful cat and so nice she is sharing breakfast in bed with you while your husband is away. Scones and tea is a great breakfast! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love scones too. My favorite are the cranberry orange ones that I make but they're definitely not low carb (They even have a orangy glaze on top) so I don't make/eat them very often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... I don't think I could ever resist her sweet little face :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiger Lily is a beauty! Always have to share with kittys. Vanilla bean scones sound yummy!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete