18 May 2018

A New Stitching Buddy and a WIP Update

Y'all, look who just arrived at my house, all the way from Scotland! Isn't this the most adorable little pink frog you've ever seen? 

Look at this face!

And she brought goodies with her! Beautiful counting pins and buttons and needles and thread. All of these wonderful gifts are from the very talented Ann in Scotland. She made the pink frog--who hasn't got a name yet--but who is very much on duty keeping me company while I stitch. Thank you so much, Ann!

And here's another peek at my progress on Beasts and Birds. I'm now down to the last row of animals and a few more words, then it's on to the border. 

My sweet frog couldn't be more appropriate. It's been raining for days here, and I've been stitching by an open window, listening to the rain and to the extremely delighted frogs singing their little hearts out in the pond behind our house.

I hope my next update is a finish. My next project is all ready to go and it's calling me.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! I had seen this frog on Ann's blog. I do believe she said she hand painted the eyes? She is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely package of goodies you received! The little pink frog is darling. Look forward to hearing what you have named it! You have made super progress on your Beasts and Birds piece. Enjoying your color version of it! Have a marvelous weekend, Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like Miss Pink Frog Sara, I look forward to hearing your choice of name:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink frog is so cute! And what lovely goodies he brought.
    I wanted to tell you, I found a Redbird designs pattern that you didn't have listed - it is called "Texas Cowboy Boot" (kind of self-explanatory...LOL). I'd be happy to send it to you if you'd like. Drop me an email at erinhwilburn AT gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Frog is too cute!
    Great progress on Beasts and Birds.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scottish Stash Swag??! Simply stunning! (Want me to say ANOTHER word that starts with S?, haha)
    And how fun.

    WIP looks lustrously stitched, as always! Your colored version looks so much more full of life than the monochrome. Can’t wait to see the finish.

    Not dissing monochrome, by the way. :)
    Happy Weekend!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete