09 June 2018

Saturday Sampler: Stanley Cup Edition

Had to make a celebratory wreath for our front door! A $4.97 wreath from Wal Mart, a few letters and some glitter from Michael's, and some aluminum foil and hot glue. Boom!



I'm actually kinda proud of my little Stanley Cup. I'm pretty proud of the big one, too!

I may have worn these Friday:

The night before Game 5, we went to dinner at our favorite little Italian place and then took a walk around the lake near our house. Throughout dinner and our walk, we talked about the Caps, the playoffs, the Final, the upcoming game. Oh, the anxiety! Would they win the Cup? (Geese, completely unconcerned.)


They did. And it was glorious. I'm still recovering from all the nerves and excitement and tears and lack of sleep. The Stanley Cup playoffs are not for the faint-of-heart, and the Final is absolutely brutal on the nerves. I'm worn out!

Tiger Lily is recovering from all of the excitement, too. She is very much a little creature of habit, especially when it comes to her bedtime. The late nights of playoff hockey and all the hollering have interfered with her beauty sleep.

We'll all be snoozing peacefully this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Tiger Lily has the right idea! Glad your team won. The lake looks like a lovely place to be able to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath looks great!
    Great pics of the lake.
    Tiger Lily is such a sweet pretty girl. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing the lake where you walked through your lens. Great looking wreath, Honeybee! Glad the Caps won the Cup! Enjoy your Sunday and have a great upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wreath Honeybee! I'm so happy to be here tonight visiting with you. I have missed all of my blogging friends. I look forward to catching up on all the posts I have missed. Hope you have a lovely weekend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete