19 June 2018

Summer Stitching

I am slowly emerging from my Stanley-Cup-winning-induced fog, though I absolutely intend to celebrate all summer. I've got a couple of new projects going (but only one you can see), and of course, even the delirium of victory cannot cloud my ability to acquire fabric. Let's see what I've been up to. 

Here's my beautiful summer project, Clover and Lace by Misty Hill Studio. The verse reads:

Her lawn looks like a meadow
And if she mows the place
She leaves the clover standing
And the Queen Anne's lace

I adore this. It reminds me of my Grandparents' home. Somewhere there's a picture of me standing in their front yard, knee-high in Queen Anne's lace, spared from the mower. I'm stitching this on 28 ct. PTP Oaken and sticking pretty close to the called-for colors, which I'll post when I have a finish to show. Look at those sweet little bunns!


I made a new fairy door needle minder.

Here's what the package looks like, in case you go hunting for it. I think it came from Hobby Lobby, but these little button packs are everywhere. I think the round door on the right looks like a Hobbit door!

New fabric has come to live at my house! These are Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. Left: Colonial Parchment; right: Simply Sage. Both are 28 ct. linen.

Fabric Flair. Left: Bridesmaid; right: Nut. Both 28 ct.

Fabric Flair Fairy Mist with Silver, 28 ct. I've shown some of this before, but I decided to get a bit more because it's so pretty and very delicately sparkly. I get all of my FF fabric from 123 Stitch.

And finally...

Believe it or not, I've started on my Christmas Open House 2018. This year will be my fifth annual Open House, and I wanted to do something extra special. I came up with the theme about a month ago, and I've just started to work on it. And yes, it will take me six months to get it done! But when you're having fun, it's not really work, is it?

10 comments:

  1. What lovely fabrics that have come to live at your house, Honeybee! I love your start on Clover and Lace. It is such a pretty piece. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I meant to say I look forward to seeing what you have come up with for your Open House in December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my day to see ... thank you so much. Here lately, I've been reflecting on how many of my most beautiful memories revolve around my grandparents. Sounds like you share a similar experience. The design looks great stitched on the Oaken linen.

    Full disclaimer: I am not feeling very altruistic about cute little bunnies right now. I went out to the garden last night to gather lettuce for a dinner salad. Every single row was eaten down to the nub. There is a fortress around the garden, but baby bunnies always manage to find a tiny crack through which they can slip ... and snack. They should be thankful they're so cute. Hope they enjoyed their dinner!

    Your Christmas Open House has become one of my favorite things to look forward to in December.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new stitch, it's so pretty and the sentiment behind it makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your new cross stitch project. Another pattern that I will need to look out for, the colours are so pretty. I always get excited when I buy new hand dyed fabric, there is something just wonderful about having a pretty stash and jus the right fabric when you want to start a project. I particularly like the Simply Sage you bought. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the post and beautiful new stitchy start.! Beautiful fabrics. Can't wait to see what you are working on for open house! Have a wonderful day! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clover and Lace is so sweet, I love the verse, and your stitching is beautiful, flawless as usual. Adorable new needleminder you’ve made, and excellent choices, the new fabrics. Especially like Fairy Mist With Silver.

    Can’t wait either to see what this year’s Christmas Open House will bring!

    Smiles and cheers for new starts, new things!
    :)
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the needleminder!! Pretty new xstitch project too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty piece--I don't think I've ever seen this one before. I love stitching pieces that bring back special memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posts are always inspiring. Can’t wait to see your Christmas Open House, except for the the cold weather and snow. I’d love to see you on Floss Tube!!

    ReplyDelete