17 July 2018

Big Ol' Mid-Summer Update

Grab your iced tea and settle in... it's time to catch up!

First, here's an update on Clover and Lace by Misty Hill Studio. Y'all, this is a sad amount of progress, but I have reasons, which I'll get to in a minute. Anyway, here she is. So pretty.

So as I've mentioned, this is my Saturday-Sunday project, and I haven't had much time to work on it because our last few weekends have been so busy. The last weekend in June Mr. Wonderful and I got to meet the Stanley Cup... touch it... have our picture taken with it. Now, if you're not a hockey fan, this is not a big deal. If you're a hockey fan, it's the biggest deal ever in the whole wide world oh my stars I can't believe it!!! Our picture turned out awesome! but since we have a strict policy of not posting pictures of ourselves, you'll have to settle for this one and trust me that we did get our mitts on it. *swoon* (I circled the Cup for you in red; it's right below the first 'a' in "Capitals.")

We got up super early, and stood in line for several hours in 90+ degree heat, but it was so worth it. A once in a lifetime experience.

Then the next weekend we went roaming, which always means a little shopping. I found a wool shop that had a few stitchy things, and a quilt shop with some nice fat quarters. I don't quilt, but I have a pretty good-sized collection of fat quarters for my needlework finishing. The thread is Valdani.

I'm not big on prim designs, but every now and then one catches my eye. This one made me smile: "The Gobbler Rides Again!" So cute for Thanksgiving stitching.

At the quilt shop, I picked up this little fox sewing kit. I have a pink one but I needed a red one too, you know.

When I buy a cute sewing kit like this, I take out the sewing supplies and fill it with my small stitchy tools to turn it into a tiny stitching kit.

Of course we managed to find pottery. Look at this gorgeous mug.

Beautiful blue inside.

And this vase. The picture makes it look big, but it's only 8" high and was a whole $10! So much pretty for ten bucks.

On top of all this running around, I'm also redoing the living room and getting the house ready for a possible move next spring. I want everything done by the fall so I can focus on the really important things: stitching and baking. 

Finally, saving the best for last... goodies from sweet Robin in Virginia! Gorgeous notecards, summery sprinkles for delicious cookies, and needle minders!

Y'all, look at this perfect summer needle minder! It reminds me of this finish that I did last year and is one of my favorites. Thank you so much, Robin!

And that's what I've been up to so far this summer. Busy, busy, busy! The stitching has been suffering a bit, but I like to use the summer to get lots of stuff done so the fall and winter can be slow and quiet. I am not a fan of the crazed holiday season and I have a lot of habits that I keep to pretty strictly in order to avoid the madness. Maybe I'll do a blog post on that in the near future. 

However you choose to spend your summer, hope you're having an enjoyable one!

12 comments:

  1. Your stitching is really pretty, it may be slow but a least it is happening. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Honeybee, while not a hockey fan I do know that the Stanley Cup 'swooning and touching' is a tremendous thing. Glad you were able to do it! Your wandering brought home some great finds; what a fabulous mug and vase. I am glad to add to your needle minder collection. And yes, you need to blog about your habits to avoid the madness. I know I will be taking notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I forgot to say I think your summer stitch is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pottery. Blue pottery is always my favorite. I need to buy more than I do. Your stitching is very pretty. I really love that Christmas fabric. I am not a hockey fan but I can understand wanting to see/touch the Stanley Cup. It was a big deal around her in the 80s with the Islanders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clover & lace is pretty, love that fabric.
    Glad you got to visit the Stanley Cup, how exciting!
    The blue pottery is beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute needleminder! That was a great finish and when I saw yours, I went and printed it out. We don't have lightning bugs here in AZ. Too dry maybe? You do find some of the nicest pottery! Your WIP is coming along, pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. Came across your blog by way of the 123Stitch message board. My name is Beverly but I’m not so blog savvy so I apologize for the anonymous post
    You have beautiful work! And I do understand the importance of the Stanley Cup. ;) When our local team, the Ducks, won it in 2007, my son happened to be working his way through college doing pizza delivery. One night, lo and behold, he delivered pizza to a member of the team and it happened to be his turn with the Cup. My son was so excited to be able to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clover Lace is very pretty and the fox sewing kit totally you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely finish and how nice that you got to see and touch the Stanley Cup! Being from Pittsburgh, I TOTALLY understand your excitement :) My sons got to do that one year and they were just as thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clover and Lace, looking loverly! Your stitching as usual, flawless. The bunnies, just, o my...

    Living in Penguins Country as we do, yes, touching the Stanley Cup, huge incomparable deal. Happy for you guys that you got touching-the-Cup fulfillment!

    Love all of your haul from Roaming ... the Christmas fabric, which appears sweetly vintage, the vivid blue vase, my favorites. And the gift of the fireflies minder, how fun is that! I may have to start a collection of minders of my own, life just being too short not to, sí?! :o)

    You enjoy the rest of your summer, Honeybee. And I second - I’d love to hear someday about how you streamline Holiday Rumpus.

    .....Potpie, waving to The Ever Talented and Endlessly Brilliant Queen T.....

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a wonderful busy summer! It's great you got the chance to see and touch the Stanley Cup! Although not a hockey fan myself, I have a number of friends who are, and I know it's a huge deal! I love your pottery, especially that pretty mug. I also would love to hear how you streamline your holiday preparations, because that's something I often struggle with.

    ReplyDelete