06 May 2020

Spring Stash Update


The cherry tree in our front yard is doing its thing and smells heavenly. We have been having some ridiculously gorgeous weather and it's making me want to get out and do something about my front flowerbeds... provided Mr. Bun is off doing bunny things and not in his spot. Wouldn't want to disturb him. 

I lost my head and went on a bit of a spree at about the six week point in our voluntary lockdown. Among other things, I did some stash enhancement. I have been wanting to try Cosmo's metallic embroidery floss for some time, so I finally got a few skeins from one of my favorite Etsy shops for stitchy goodies. I haven't stitched with it yet, but it is gorgeous and has a lovely texture. The weight is between Kreinik #4 and #8 braid: just a wee bit heavier than #4, but not as heavy as #8. I also got a small piece of the newish Zweigart 32 ct. pink Basalt Splash fabric. It's a very pale (not rosy) pink, pretty close to DMC 225. I stitched Winter Train on the dark grey Basalt Splash and just loved it, but I hadn't seen the pink. 

From the same shop as the thread and fabric, a new pair of scissors. I couldn't pass up this soft, fresh green.

And from various shops, some new charts. With Thy Needle & Thread: Project Quarantine: Stay Home & Stitch. For each purchase, the designer is making a donation to charities assisting those hard hit by the pandemic. 

JBW: Rabbits in the Round and With Thy Needle & Thread: Spring Serenade. Can't have enough buns in the springtime. 

A relatively new designer that is really growing on me. I fell in love with her big sampler release at this year's market (Huckleberry Farm) and I've had my eye on Sleeping Bee for a while. I also picked up Winter Valentine. 

So that's the stash that has recently come to live at my house. My spree also included a set of vintage cooking magazines that was such a bargain I practically stole it. When I finish looking at all of them I'll photograph them and do a blog post. Y'all will love it. They're wonderful.

I'm hoping to be able to get out soon and visit my favorite small businesses. Most are open and have been open to varying degrees throughout these last couple of months, but I have only been going out once a week for groceries. We have never been under a stay-at-home order here, and most businesses that could do so safely have remained open, but I know they're hurting.

Hope everyone is still safe and well and getting as much stitching done as needed. Don't forget to be good to yourself.

8 comments:

  1. I love the Sleeping Bee design and am still trying to find it in an English online shop. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blossom tree it's so pretty.
    Great stash love all.
    Have a good day .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your tree! Your stash is wonderful! We are seeing a lot of people become restless here. Our Safer-At-Home Order has been in place since March 25th and is set to end May 26th. I am actually hoping it does not. I think numbers will soar then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty tree.
    Great stash, I love Blue Flower designs.
    I love Night Walked Down, need to get that one.
    Pretty Tiger Lily.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Sleeping Bee has been tempting me for a while now.... I might just give in soon! :-) Looking forward to seeing your stitch of it! Haven't tried metallics yet....but you can't go wrong with anything cosmo's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cherry tree in your front yard is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your latest stash additions. I look forward to your thoughts on the Cosmo metallic thread. Both of the designs you picked up by The Blue Flower are lovely. Wishing you a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the spring growth. Even though we are under a freeze warning for Friday night here in Indiana. Great new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cherry tree is beautiful! I always enjoy seeing new stash and you chose some lovely patterns and fabric. I like the metallic floss, I'm interested to hear how you like stitching with it. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete