06 April 2024

Making Counting Pins

 

It's been quite a while since I made any stitching tools. The other day when I was running errands I happened upon a 50% off sale on beads and decided to make some counting pins. I use size 26 needles and super glue. My favorite is Loctite Gel Control. (Yes, I have a favorite super glue.) It's not runny and it doesn't dry out like the tubes. I use a toothpick to sort of fill the eye of the needle with glue and insert it in the bead. That way there's a nice little blob of glue in there, but not so much that it squishes out when you put it in the bead.


A set for spring


And one for winter


Off to sort fabric. I'm about to do a big fabric reorganization. More on that soon.

Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. Wow you are so clever , I love coming over to see what you are doing .
    You have some lovely ideas .
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend ,hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pins are very pretty, love the birds!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling, Honeybee. I love each set you created especially the bird pins. Looking forward to hearing/seeing your fabric organization update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of making your own counting pins. If you don't mind I'm going to borrow your idea. :) I enjoy your blog so much and make sure to have a cup of coffee and a little treat to properly enjoy your postings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind, that's why I share! I'm delighted to hear my little blog brings you so much pleasure! Thank you so much for being here and for letting me know!

      Delete
  6. I never heard of counting pins before. The ones you made are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really lovely, and it's great you've made ones for different seasons, too.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete