25 June 2024

Summer Birds: Barn Swallow

 

Another little lovely from Pigeon Coop Designs! Isn't this one so pretty? It's one of a pair of swooping swallows. I only stitched one because I'm trying to get as many different birds stitched as I can, but at some point I'll stitch the other one. The only changes I made were using DMC Blanc for the clouds and using a Smyrna stitch for the single stitches, as I like the look better than single cross stitches and they're easier to finish off if you're not carrying thread between stitches. He's stitched on 28 ct. Blue Whisper.

I am so excited for the Pigeon Coop Designs book being released at the end of July. I provided links to all the PCD stuff in this post, in case you missed it.

Also, I just noticed this morning that he is having a great sale on his digital patterns until the end of June. If you've been thinking about picking up a few, now would be a good time!

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Honeybee: Love this bird, we are bird watchers feed the birds and love seeing the Orioles eating at the three feeders of marmalade, thank-you for the link and information, I am looking forward to seeing the other birds you stitch.

    Catherine🎀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having a feeder and watching the birds, but we can't have them here because of the bears and I miss it so much! Always a special treat to spot an Oriole!

      Delete
  2. What a pretty bird. I like the way you stitched it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitch , our Swallows are back home for the summer , on our church we have allot of swallow box's .
    Enjoy stitching your birds ,they are really amazing . Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another prettybfird.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty bird finish, Honeybee! We only put out the seed feeders during the winter due to the bears.

    ReplyDelete