21 August 2024

Happy Summerween!

 

If you are a fellow Summer Sufferer and spend June, July, and August longing for all things cool and crisp and autumnal, this design is for you! This is Jack-o-Melon by The Stitch Crypt (Etsy), stitched with the recommended DMC on lime green Lugana. Such a cheerful, unique little design. It's very summery, but with a spooky twist!


Speaking of summer, I'll be glad to write this one off. We were both sick (he in June, I in July), which is extremely unusual. We both get sick maybe once every four years or so, and even then it's never at the same time. I hadn't been sick since December of 2019, so I was overdue. Anyway, that messed up some summer plans we had, and also threw me behind with stitching and finishing projects, and that's most annoying! Last week I spent about five hours doing project prep for a bunch of stuff I want to stitch, so now I can just pick up a new project as soon as I finish one and keep going. I am in desperate need of a finishing marathon. Maybe Labor Day weekend? We'll see.

Meanwhile, sneak peek of an almost-finish! 


Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

  1. So sorry you both were not feeling well, I have not had a cold or anything in 20 years croos fingers this is not the year for us in our home.
    That melon and ghost are a hoot, looking forward to seeing the Flag design finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you both were sick.
    I'm so done with Summer!
    I even put out Fall decorations last week. :)
    We wake up to cool temps in the morning, but it still gets too hot.
    I am stitching Fall.
    Cute finish.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good for you, Marilyn! Just go ahead and do fall! ;O)

      Delete
  3. The spooky watermelon piece made me chuckle. The -ber months are coming, Honeybee. We have had a sneak peek of fall like conditions much of this week which I am loving. But, I know that summer isn't finished with us yet with the hot and steamy days. The sneak peek with the flag is darling and I can't wait to see the whole things. Sorry to hear that Mr. Wonderful was sick followed by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin! Unfortunately fall temps are still a ways away for us. :O(

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I just railroad top and bottom legs of the stitch-- easy!

      Delete
  5. Oh no ,I hate being ill , and yes if my hubby goes down with something I get it to.
    Cute stitch , I now have a box full of stitching to finish this Autumn .
    I stitch but never seem to have time to finish them , but once I close down the garden I will start .
    Have a good weekend hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little design! I love the spooky little ghosts. I'm sorry to hear you were both sick this summer. That is disappointing when it messes up plans too. That's nice you were able to get some projects prepped, it's so fun to just be able to start something new. Hopefully you'll get a chance to do some finishing too. Take care, and I hope you're enjoying a relaxing weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete