05 August 2024

Nimble Birds Update

 

Nimble Birds (Owl Forest Embroidery) is coming along nicely. I have one more bird to stitch on this side of the sampler before I tackle all the intricate straight stitched feathers and tracks scattered between the birds. They're probably hard to see in the pictures of the design, but there are a lot of them (7 pages of illustrated instructions) and they're so lovely. Then I'll move to the other side of the sampler. I haven't decided if I'm going to add the backstitched border. I'll see how it looks when everything else is done.



Thank you for all the well wishes for my recovery. I'm over whatever was wrong with me, but it has left me pretty depleted. I missed an entire week of stitching, which is intolerable! 

Hope you're all well and getting lots of summer stitching done! 



6 comments:

  1. Your nimble birds is coming along beautifully. I would like to do the owls that they have. I do not like to do back stitching and I think there is a lot in that one. Good job.
    Enjoy your day
    Darlene N

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Birds are looking great. so pretty!
    Glad you are feeling better.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your progress on Nimble Birds is awesome, Honeybee. I am glad you are over whatever knocked you flat. Each day forward will help fill up your tank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am back online finally and able to comment, the color of threads in this design are stunning, thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! I hope you post your progress. And get the rest you need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really elegant sampler, and your stitching looks beautiful. I am glad you're feeling better and I hope you've been able to catch up on your rest. Hope you've had a relaxing weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete