07 August 2014

A Stitchy Snowma'am

For some time, I've had the idea to make a stitchy snowma'am to decorate my sewing room for Christmas. A couple of weeks ago when Hobby Lobby started putting out their Christmas crafting supplies, I noticed they had 11" snowmen that would be perfect for my project and the wheels in my brain started spinning about how I wanted to make mine. Yesterday I went on a crime shopping spree and got the supplies I needed for her. I had so much fun prowling around all over the store, looking in every department for goodies for her outfit. 

And I had a brainstorm. I didn't want to wait until Christmas to display her, so I decided to make her a fall outfit first. (You see where I'm going with this, don't you?) Then, of course, there will be a Halloween outfit, then a Christmas outfit, then... 

She was so fun to put together. Everything (except her nose) is pinned on, so that it can be easily changed for other seasons and holidays. All the supplies are from Hobby Lobby. Here she is!

She just makes me smile. I still have to put together a little sewing basket for her, but I've got to find one small enough. 

Her eyes are craft brads; eyebrows/eyelashes are mini staples colored black with a Sharpie; mouth is DMC Memory Thread; ears are tiny pompoms; earrings are corsage pins bent at a right angle and inserted in ears; flower on hat and fox brooch are from the scrapbooking section; hat and glasses are from the doll making section.


Scissors, needle, and measuring tape bow are all from the scrapbooking section; felt leaves and pumpkin are from the fall crafting section; buttons, lace trim collar and lace skirt are in fabrics.

And that's what I did today when I should've been doing housework. And I'm not even sorry.

6 comments:

  1. Totally awesome! How extremely creative. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well isn't she adorable!!? Oh my, you ARE creative, indeed. I bet you could sell those really well! What does Tiger Lily think of her? And, you must name your snowma'am. Great job, Honeybee!

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mardell, I've been trying to think of a name for her, but haven't hit on the right one yet. Tiger Lily is only interested in the mess I make when I'm doing a project like this! :O)

      Delete
  3. Oh my! What a cutie snowma'am you have created! Looking forward to seeing her future outfits! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable! You are so talented. I needed to see such a happy snow person today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE her!!! So cute and creative! ♡

    ReplyDelete