08 March 2015

Kissing Cardinals

Just finished up a little Christmas ornament. This is Kissing Cardinals by Designs by Lisa, from the 2014 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament issue.

I had chosen a grayish-blue fabric for this, but while I was getting ready to stitch it, I glanced at a pile of new stash and spotted (ha ha! get it?) this fabric and on a whim I decided to use it
instead. This is the first project I've stitched on polka dot fabric, and I have to say, I love this stuff. The model is stitched on a plain greenish-yellow fabric, and has snowflakes charted above the birds. I left off the snowflakes and just let the dots suggest falling snow. A little different look for a Christmas ornament, but I like it.

Happily, I have begun to hoard collect polka dot fabric, but more on that later.

6 comments:

  1. haha! They are so sweet! So is this one yours this year?
    Love the fabric choice. You keep making me want to purchase the polka dot linen. I will, just need extra money for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my 2014 ornament. Just sliiiiightly late! ;O)

      Delete
  2. I really like your ornament. I think I have some of the blue polka dot fabric in the fabric drawer. Hmmm...off to check and pull the magazine and threads.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric choice! Your ornament is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you think. I'm seeing some nice designs out there using the polka dot fabric. I may buy some for myself! Kissing Cardinals is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. The snowflake fabric is perfect for this design.

    ReplyDelete