04 October 2016

Halloween House (Purple Conversion) Finish!

Judith Kirby's Victorian House #9, aka Halloween House, with my own purple house conversion.

Stitched with DMC on 28 ct. Storm from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. My purple house conversion info is here. In addition to the changes I listed in that post, I also interpreted the knots on the tree as holes and filled them with 310 instead of the lighter color, to give the tree a darker look, and I stitched the cobweb in 646 instead of 310 to give it a more wispy appearance.

This one has been in the to-do pile for a long, long time and it's nice to have it finished. 

12 comments:

  1. Great finish! I love your purple house conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your Halloween house finish! Your purple conversion really suits this piece (I prefer it to the original). What's next, Honeybee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, nice finish! The purple is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish - I really like the tree with its few remaining leaves against that gorgeous stormy fabric.
    I love that feeling when a large WIP is finally finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this piece & the colours.
    A fox piece next? Who'd have guessed. LOL :):)
    Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, I love the purple house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Happy Dance! I love the changes you've made to this design, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation on your beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous finish. I *love* the fabric. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete